Moog Sub 37 V1.0 FAQ
- Article #1723554
- Updated on May 11, 2015 at 6:25 PM
Moog has issued many firmware updates since the writing of this article. Click here for the latest firmware.
The rate knob on my ARP/SEQ appears to freeze
- Presently, the ARP/SEQUENCER rate is only changed at cycle boundaries. If you turn the Rate knob all the way down and then back up, the arpeggiator will wait for the clock cycle to occur before updating the ARP/SEQ rate giving the “appearance” of a freeze. An update is in process to address this issue.
Sometimes, changing between presets with sequences causes sound artifacts
- Currently, if you are holding a note on a preset with a sequence active and you change to a new preset with a sequence active while still holding a note, a preset transition error may occur. Playing a new note will fix this. An update is in process to address this issue.
Tap tempo appears to mute sound or doesn’t work
- When Sync is turned ON with no Tap Tempo entered, the ARP/SEQ is waiting for MIDI clock or a start command, which results in no sound. Engaging Tap Tempo mode or disengaging the Sync button will restore sound to your Sub 37. An update is in process to address this issue.
To properly engage tap tempo mode:
- Turn the Sync button ON
- Press and hold the Sync button
- Tap in a tempo on the Sync button
The sequencer doesn’t always start with MIDI start
- With the Latch button engaged in the ARP/SEQ section, a sequence may not start with a MIDI start command. An update is in process to address this issue.
Sometimes, when I turn off ARP sync, the rate knob doesn’t work
- Changing presets will fix this. An update is in process to address this issue.
When LFOs are synced to the ARP/SEQ, the LFO rate knob gives the wrong value and maximum position
- An update is in process to address this issue.
What do I do if I have a stuck note?
- To stop a stuck note, simply press and hold the Octave up and Octave down buttons at the same time.
Poly-chaining my Sub 37 to other synthesizers doesn’t work
- This feature will be implemented in a future update.