What are the system requirements for BPM 1.5.1?
- Article #1712963
- Updated on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM
BPM 1.5.1 has the following new minimum and recommended system requirements:
- Mac or PC with Intel Core Duo CPU 1.83 GHz or faster; multiple processors or a multi-core processor is required. Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.0 GHz or faster recommended. Macs with PowerPC CPUs are not supported.
- 2 GB of RAM is required; 4 GB or more is highly recommended.
- CD/DVD disc drive for installation.
- Mac OS X version 10.5 or 10.6 (v10.5.8 or later is required), or Windows 7 or Vista (32- or 64-bit; Vista SP2 or later is required).
- Large hard disk, preferably at least 100 GB. The disk on which the sounds are stored must be a fast hard disk. Refer to the BPM User Guide Installation chapter for details.
- Available USB port for the iLok SmartKey.
- A digital audio workstation program or other program that hosts AU, VST, or RTAS instrument plug-ins. Alternatively, BPM can be used as a standalone application.
For native 64-bit operation, BPM has the following additional requirements:
- Mac OS X v10.6, or a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Vista
- 64-bit CPU
- 64-bit plug-in host application, if using the 64-bit plug-in
BPM formats that support 64-bit operation:
- Mac OS X: AU, VST, Stand-alone
- Windows: VST, Stand-alone
Hard disk format
Due to the large size of BPM’s factory soundbank UFS files, the disk containing the soundbank files must be able to support individual files larger than 4 GB. This is determined by the disk’s file system format.
The default file system format for disk drives on Mac OS X and Windows are compatible with BPM’s soundbank files:
- Mac OS X: HFS+ (Mac OS Extended, journaled or unjournaled)
- Windows: NTFS The FAT32 format is not compatible with BPM’s soundbank files, as it does not allow file sizes greater than 4 GB.
If you experience trouble copying the UFS files to your hard disk, refer to the troubleshooting chapter in the BPM User Guide.
UVI Engine XT
BPM 1.5.1 has been significantly updated, due to the incorporation of the latest UVI Engine XT first introduced in the recent release of MachFive 3. BPM 1.5.1 is now based on this same core code base, which offers:
- Compatibility with the latest Mac OS X and Windows operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and Windows 7
- 64-bit operation
- CPU performance optimizations
- Dozens of “under-the-hood” improvements
There are additional enhancements specific to BPM, summarized below.
New features in BPM 1.5.1
In addition to the UVI Engine XT enhancements already described, BPM 1.5.1 introduces the following additional enhancements:
- Better Note Repeat behavior
- Improved beat slice editing in the Clip window
- Other minor enhancements