Sometimes the audio unit for PLAY can become corrupted. Typically this happens if the PLAY software update is run while Logic is open. Please ensure that all applications, especially Logic are closed when running the PLAY software update. Here are instructions on how to repair the corrupt file.
- Go to the following directory and delete the play.component:
mac hd / library / audio / plugins / components / play.component
- Download the Play software update. You can download the latest Play software update here: http://www.soundsonline.com/updates.php
- Make sure all applications, especially Logic, are closed.
- Run the Play Software update. In the custom install screen of the installer, check-mark the boxes (MAC) next to each product to ensure all selected titles are brought to the latest program version.
- Launch Logic, then go to Preferences > Audio Units Info Manager and “reset & rescan” Play.
- If you’re using the 64 bit version of Logic, please see the article in this same category entitled…
“Logic in 64 bit mode doesn’t see Play, what should I do?”