If you purchased an Avid Mbox or Mbox Mini that comes bundled with Pro Tools Express and you need help registering and activating, follow the steps below:
- If you don’t already have one, please create an Avid account by clicking here.
- Next, if you have not already done so, please create an iLok account. You can do that by clicking here. Once you have created your account, download and install the iLok License Manager. We’ll need this later in activation process.
- Next, go to www.avid.com/reg and register your Mbox or Mbox Mini. You can find the registration card in the box for your Mbox or Mbox Mini. After registering, you will receive two emails. One contains your registration information for your Mbox and the other contains an Avid Support code.
Now that you’ve registered your Mbox or Mbox Mini, you need to activate and download your Pro Tools Express software. Log into your Avid account and click on the link that says Download & Activate My Products.
- On the next page, you’ll need to enter your activation code. You can find this on the Activation Card found in the box for your Mbox. Once you’ve entered the code, click Download Now.
- On the next page, enter the same iLok user ID that you entered when you created your iLok account. Make sure you enter it correctly. The license for your Pro Tools Express software will be deposited into your iLok Account. Fill out the rest of the form and click continue.
- You will be taken to the downloads page. Here, you can download your Pro Tools Express software as well as any additional instruments or documentation included with your software. Click the Download link for your operating system.
- While your software is downloading, go ahead and open the iLok License Manager that you downloaded and installed from step 2.
- Once the License Manager is open, click the Sign In button and enter your iLok account information.
- Locate the iLok key included with your Mbox. Plug your iLok into an open USB port on your computer. If this is the first time you’ve plugged your iLok into your computer, it will ask you if you want to register it. Click Yes, and the iLok will be registered to your account.
- Next, click on the Available tab at the top of the License Manager. This will show all licenses that are ready to be transferred to your iLok.
- Simply click and drag them over to your iLok on the left side of the License Manager. Make sure you wait for the progress bar to complete before doing anything else. Once the licenses have finished transferring, you can quit the License Manager.
- If your Pro Tools Express software has finished downloading, go ahead and run the installer. Follow along with the prompts to successfully install your software.
- Once Pro Tools Express is installed, plug your Mbox into your computer via USB and launch Pro Tools Express. Make sure your iLok is still plugged in as well.