Voices are created by selecting Waves (digital samples of sounds) and applying Filters, Effects, and various other parameters to them. There are three kinds of Voices: ‘Normal’, ‘Drum’, and ‘Plug-in’. New Voices can be stored to the Internal Memory Bank (‘INT’) or to a SmartMedia Card (‘EXT’).
NOTE: The ‘Normal’ Voice will be used for this example.
Initializing a Voice:
1) Press the [VOICE] button.
2) Press the [JOB] button to enter ‘Voice Job’ mode.
3) Turn the (PAGE) knob until ‘VCE Initialize’ is displayed on the left side of the screen.
4) Turn the (C) knob to select ‘Current Voice’.
5) Press the [ENTER] button.
6) Press the [INC/YES] button.
Reference: Owner’s Manual, p.105
Naming a Voice:
1) Press the [EDIT] button to enter ‘Voice Edit’ mode.
2) Press and hold the [SHIFT] button and turn the (PAGE) knob until the cursor points to ‘GEN’ at the top of the screen.
3) Turn the (A) knob to select ‘GEN Name’.
4) Turn the (B) knob to select a Voice Category.
EXAMPLE: ‘Gt’ for the Guitar category.
5) Turn the (2) knob to move the cursor one space to the right.
6) Turn the (DATA) knob to select a letter or character for the Voice name.
7) Repeat steps 5-6 to finish naming the Voice. When completed, continue to step 1 of ‘Selecting Oscillator Waves for a Voice’.
EXAMPLE: ‘Gt: PedalSteel’
Reference: Owner’s Manual, p.70
Selecting Oscillator Waves for a Voice:
NOTE: Each Voice can consist of up to four Elements, each containing a different Wave.
1) Press and hold the [SHIFT] button and turn the (PAGE) knob until the cursor points to ‘OSC’ at the bottom of the screen.
2) Turn the (A) knob to cursor to one of the four Elements.
NOTE: The Element number will not appear until a Wave is selected for it in the next step. This makes it easy to determine which Elements are being used in the Voice.
3) Turn the (C) knob to select a Wave.
4) Play the keyboard to hear the edited Voice.
5) Repeat steps 2-4 for the remaining Elements desired.
Reference: Owner’s Manual, p.79
Storing a Voice:
1) Press the [STORE] button.
2) Turn the (1) knob to select the Voice Memory location for storing the new Voice.
NOTE: ‘INT’ is used for the Internal Memory, ‘EXT’ is used for storing to a SmartMedia Card.
3) Turn the (2) knob to select a location number for storing the new Voice.
WARNING: This procedure will overwrite the Voice previously stored in the chosen location.
4) Press the [ENTER] button.
5) Press the [INC/YES] button.