NOTE: In order to use the Breath Controller, a Voice needs to be edited and a Control needs to be assigned to the Breath Controller. After editing the Voice, it then needs to be stored. Following is an example of setting up a Breath Controller to control Volume on an S80.
1) Connect the BC3A to the S80.
2) Press the [VOICE] button and select a voice.
3) Press the [EDIT] button.
4) Turn the (A) knob in the ‘ASSIGNABLE KNOB’ group until ‘C’ is displayed on the lower left part of the LCD screen.
5) Turn the (PAGE) knob to select the ‘QED Level’ page.
6) Turn the (B) knob in the ‘ASSIGNABLE KNOB’ group to change the ‘Vol’ (Volume) level to ‘0’.
7) Turn the (PAGE) knob to select the ‘CTL Set6’ page.
8) Turn the (B) knob to select ‘BC (02)’ (Breath Controller).
9) Turn the (C) knob to select ‘Volume’.
NOTE: Other Controls can be selected to be controlled by a ‘BC’ (Breath Controller) device. Refer to the Data List for a complete list of destination parameters.
10) Turn the (2) knob in the ‘ASSIGNABLE KNOB’ group to set the ‘Depth’ parameter to ”+63”.
11) Adjust the offset and gain controls on the BC3A so that playing the keys will not produce sound without breath being applied.
12) Play the keys while blowing into the BC3A.
NOTE: If too much pressure is required to hear sound, perform further adjustments on the BC3A’s gain and offset controls.
To Store the Voice:
1) Press the [STORE] button.
2) Use the (1) ‘Voice Memory’ and (2) ‘Voice Number’ knobs in the ‘ASSIGNABLE KNOB’ group to select a destination for the edited Voice.
3) Press the [ENTER] button.
4) Press the [INC/YES] button.
Reference: Owner’s Manual, p. 74, Data List, p. 15