Akai has announced the release of new Operating System firmware for all its current MPCs, including the MPC5000, MPC2500, MPC1000, and MPC500.
- MPC5000 OS update: OS version 1.02 for MPC5000 resolves 14 issues, most notably enabling producers to load in their original MPC2000 programs.
- MPC2500 OS update: OS version 1.24 enables allows beat-engineers to save and open Chop Shop 2.0 files and improves upon 13 performance details.
- MPC1000 OS update: Like its larger sibling, the MPC1000 now provides its users with Chop Shop 2.0 support for file opening and saving. OS version 2.12 also enables the MPC1000 to auto-detect split points for Chop Shop, loop patched phrases, record Track Mute events and load MPC5000 .all files. Additionally, this release resolves 17 operational concerns.
- MPC500 OS update: Even the smallest member of the MPC family, the MPC500, gets a brand-new Operating System. Version 1.31 enhances performance in a number of areas.
M-Audio has even more news today! They have announced the release of brand-new drivers for the KeyStudio 49i keyboard and the MobilePre USB audio interface.
- KeyStudio 49i driver version 1.7.2-4 offers several bug fixes and performance enhancements, as well as support for Mac OS X 10.5.4. The update is available immediately for PPC-based and Intel-based Mac computers running OS X 10.5.4 and 10.4.11. Note that although KeyStudio 49i will function as a class-compliant device, driver installation provides advanced functionality such as multi-client operation, low-latency audio, and compatibility with Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4.
- MobilePre USB has a new Windows driver that now officially supports Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista 32-bit SP1.