The First Truly Portable MPC Beat Box!
The Akai Professional MPC500 continues in the MPC tradition of samplers and sequencers. This is the first MPC to be truly portable with its battery powered design. The MPC500 does not compromise any of the classic feel or sound that MPCs are known for, making them the premiere music production center for urban, hip hop and rap music.Akai Professional MPC500 at a Glance:
- Portable, battery-powered MPC sampler/sequencer with familiar MPC button layout
- FX, Mic/Line level inputs, a Q-Link slider, and 12 MPC style pads
The MPC500's button layout will be familiar to the existing MPC user looking to be able to work outside of the studio but the quality construction, sound and feel will make it perfectly at home in the studio as well.
The MPC500 features up to 128 meg of internal RAM via the same EXM128 memory expansion that is used on the popular MPC1000 and MPC2500. The CF Card slot will allow users to backup their data, which can then be loaded directly into a MPC1000 or 2500 making the family of new MPCs fully compatible. The USB port allows you to transfer .wav files and .mid files or MPC sequence files in and out of the MPC500. Add the built in FX, Mic/Line level inputs, a Q-Link slider, and 12 MPC style pads, and you have a powerful production tool in a compact and portable package.Akai Professional MPC500 Features:
- Classic MPC feel in a portable, battery powered unit
- 12 MPC-style pads
- Built in effects
- Data compatible with MPC1000 and MPC2500
- CompactFlash card for quick, expandable data storage
- Uses same EXM128 Memory expansion as MPC1000 and MPC2500
- USB for transferring samples and sequences to and from a computer
- Selectable Mic/Line inputs
- Q-Link slider for writing Tune, Filter or Level automation