Sony has announced Sound Forge Pro 11 for Windows, the latest generation of the popular audio recording/editing software. This is a major update with many new features, including:
- Easy data transfer with SpectraLayers Pro 2
- One-Touch Recording: Sound Forge Pro 11 features a completely redesigned recording interface that keeps you anchored in the workspace at all times while you shape and monitor incoming audio, arm and record takes, review work, and prepare for the next pass.
- CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering: New metering features help you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic-range potential of your audio.
- New Plug-in Chain Interface: Direct workspace access to every element of the plug-in processing environment.
- Includes iZotope® Nectar Elements plug-in: High-end voice processing plug-in with style presets for genres such as rock, pop, folk, soul, and voiceover and dialogue.
- Restore and Repair Tools by iZotope: Declipper, Denoiser, Declicker.
- New Waveform Display Options: More than just a simple strip that displays your exact location, this feature also serves as an excellent navigation and auditioning tool.
- Input Bus Effects: Set the mood for your talent by sweetening your source signal with plug-in effects.
- Broadcast WAV File Format Enhancements: Supports BEXT BWF version 2.0, iXML, and includes autofill and verification options as well as automatic repair of BWF data.