The Zoom R24 is an amazing piece of technology. It’s a 24-track digital recorder/mixer, drum machine, sampler, control surface, and audio interface all in one! But that’s not enough for some people…they want more!
1. Press the TOOL button
2. Select SYSTEM
3. On the first unit, select SYNC REC and set it to Master.
4. On the second unit, select SYNC REC and set it to Slave.
Now connect one R24’s USB host port (the longer, rectangular USB port) to the other’s USB device port (the squarish 6-sided USB port) — the proper ports on each R24 will have lit indicators.
Now you can record up to 16 tracks at once, and play back up to 48 tracks!
A few tips:
- The sync between the machines is accurate within 1-2 milliseconds. This means you should make sure that both sides of stereo signals (the stereo output from a keyboard or stereo mics on a source) should be on the same R24.
- You can also link an R16 with an R24. When you do so, make the R24 the Master.
- Pre-count is disable when synching two units.
- Use AC adapters or batteries for power when synching two units, not bus power.