The problem lies in a corrupted Windows Registry entry whcih controls the display settings of the program. This can occasionally happen through normal use or it may occur after another program has updated Windows System Files.
1. Choose Start | Run, and type regedit. Click OK.
2. Backup your registry by choosing File > Export. Choose an Export Range of ‘All’ and save the file as ‘backup’ to a floppy disk.
3. Clicking the plus signs next to each folder, follow the path below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS/Software/Cakewalk Music Software/SONAR/(Version Number)
4. Delete all folders labeled Toolbar. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE!
5. Close the Registry Editor, and restart your computer.
6. Now launch Cakewalk and the problem should be resolved.