Disclaimer: The following procedures will completely remove the selected application from your computer. Some of the steps outlined below involved manually removing entries from the Windows registry. Tampering with your registry may cause undesired effects in Windows. Either create a system restore point prior to trying the following, or backup your registry before making the edits. Neither Sweetwater Sound nor Cakewalk can be responsible for accidental damage incurred to your computer by improper use of the registry editor.
SONAR Home Studio 6 and 6 XL
For a clean installation of SONAR Home Studio 6 please try the following:
1) Completely un-install Home Studio from your computer. This is normally done from Start | Programs | Cakewalk. This will not remove any of your project files or audio data.
2) Next you will want to open the Run Command
a) In Windows XP this can be done by going to Start | Run
b) In Windows Vista this can be done by holding down the ‘windows’ key and pressing ‘r’
3) At the prompt type regedit and click OK.
***Backup your Registry before making edits – you do this by clicking the File menu, Export Registry File.
4) Now delete the following Registry keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Home\6.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Home\6.0
*Please note that this will remove any effects presets and key bindings you may have made in Cakewalk.
You can back these up separately if you like, using Options | Key Bindings, Tools | SONAR Plug-in Manager, and Options | Colors.
Hit [F1] in these views for detailed instructions on how to do this.
5) Open the ‘Run’ command again.
6) Copy and paste the following into the prompt:
7) This will open your Cakewalk Application Data folder, right-click on the Home Studio folder and choose rename.
8) Rename this folder Home Studio Backup.
9) Open the ‘Run’ command again and type msconfig Click [OK] and then click on the Startup tab at the upper right of the window that opens.
10) Uncheck all items listed, click [OK], then restart your computer. You can always recheck those items again at a later time.
11) Then reinstall SONAR Home Studio and the patches from: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/HomeStudio/default.asp