Harmony4 needs to be manually configured as a synth in Sonar. To do this follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Cakewalk Plug-in manager window: Tools/Cakewalk plugin manager.
2. Find Harmony4 in the VST Audio Effects (VST) list.
3. Click the Plug-in Properties button in the VST Configuration group.
4. Click “Configure as Synth” button.
5. Close and exit.
6. Insert Harmony4 on an audio track in the effects bin from the softsynth list.
7. Create a new MIDI track and set the track’s output to Harmony4.
8. Run Harmony4 as detailed in the manual.
To get the audio from the Harmoy 4 effect as an wav file, select and solo both the audio track with Harmony 4 in the effect bin and the midi track you recorded on. Then, go to Edit > ounce to track, and select your parameters.