As of 7.22.2013 –
If you’re running the Pro Tools Co-Install with PT 11 and PT 10.3.x, you may find that your 003 control surface isn’t working correctly any more or it won’t show up. This problem exists because the 003 control surface drivers for each version of Pro Tools don’t play nicely together. Unfortunately, the only fix for this at the moment is to uninstall one of the drivers for your 003 control surface. It is important that you do NOT have both drivers installed, or your 003 control surface will not function properly. You’ll need to choose which instance of Pro Tools you want to run and install the 003 Control Surface driver for that version.
You can download the drivers for your 003 here.
To ensure that everything runs smoothly, we commend the following procedure:
- Uninstall Pro Tools and the 003 drivers and restart your computer.
- Repair the disk permissions. This can be done in the Disk Utility found in Applications>Utilities. Select your hard drive and click Repair Disk Permissions (near the bottom of the window). When that’s done, restart your computer.
- Install the 003 driver. Again, do NOT install both drivers. Choose the driver according to which instance of Pro Tools you will be running.
- Install Pro Tools and restart your computer. Note that if you choose to do the co-install, you will still be able to run both instances of Pro Tools, but the 003 will only work with the version of Pro Tools for which you’ve installed the driver.
- Repair the disk permissions again according to the same procedure detailed in step 2, then restart your computer.
- You should be good to go.