Why Won’t my AudioBox Drivers Install?
There have been several updates for the AudioBox USB that fix a wide range of issues. If you are having any driver related issues, it is highly recommended that you uninstall the driver you have loaded and download the latest driver from the PreSonus website.
Please note that there are two driver versions for Windows uses: one for 32-bit systems and one for 64-bit systems. The following steps will take you through discovering which System Type you are using, downloading and extracting the driver from the PreSonus website, uninstalling your previous installation, and reinstalling the latest driver. Before beginning, please disconnect your AudioBox, keeping both it and a USB cable close by for the installation.
Discovering your System Type (32bit or 64bit?)
1. In the lower left hand corner of your screen, click on the Start menu.
2. Right-click on “Computer”
3. Select “Properties” from the pop-up menu
4. In the middle of the Properties window, you will see the System Type field. This will say “32-bit Operating System” or “64-bit Operating System”.
Downloading the AudioBox Driver and Extracting the Installer:
6. Download the correct AudioBox driver from the PreSonus website and Save it to your desktop.
7. Quit your web browser and any other application you have running
8. Locate PreSonus AudioBoxUSB_2.8_32.zip on your desktop
9. Right-click the file and select “Extract All” from the pop-up menu
10. The file will automatically be extracted to a new folder with the same name on your desktop. Click “Extract”
11. A new window will launch and you will see a folder labeled “PreSonus AudioBox USB_2.8_32. Double click on it to open it
Unistalling Previous Driver Versions:
12. Double click on the Setup file with the computer icon
13. Windows 7 and Vista Users will be asked if they want this file to make changes to their computer. Click “yes”
14. When the Installed launches, select the language in which you’d like the install to run and click “OK”
15. To completely remove installations of your AudioBox driver, click on the trash can icon next to “Uninstall the driver”. This will take a few seconds.
16. When the drivers have been successfully removed, click “Exit”. While it is not necessary to reboot, if you have been experiencing driver related issues such as pops and clicks and audio drop-outs, we recommend that you do so now.
Installing the Latest AudioBox Driver
17. Once your computer has rebooted, double click on the “PreSonus AudioBox USB_2.8_32″ folder on your desktop
18. Double click on the Setup file with the computer icon
19. Windows 7 and Vista Users will be asked if they want this file to make changes to their computer. Click “yes”
20. When the Installed launches, select the language in which you’d like the install to run and click “OK”
21. Click the Computer Icon next to “Install the Driver”
22. Click on the box next to “I accept the agreement” and click “install”
23. You will be prompted to plug in your AudioBox. The installer will not continue until the AudioBox is connected.
24. You will be prompted to unplug and replug your AudioBox. The Installer will not continue until these actions are taken
25. You will be alerted that the installer needs to reboot your computer. Click “reboot now” to finish the installation process
26. Once your computer has rebooted, your AudioBox will be ready for use.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to search over 28,000 other solutions.