Bowie. Heroes. Tverb.
Join Sweetwater in a trip back to 1977. David Bowie is recording the lead vocal for the title track of his Heroes album in Berlin's Hansa Studios, with producer Tony Visconti behind the board. Seeking to highlight the drama of Bowie's voice, Visconti sets up three mics - one for David to sing into, a second around 15' away, and a third even farther back into the ambience-rich room. He then sets up noise gates on the second and third mics, and programs them to open as David sings ever louder. Eventide captures this amazing effect with Tverb: three lush, independent reverbs, with selectable polar patterns and compression on microphone one, and adjustable gates on mics two and three. They also added features such as stereo that let you forge immersive new effects and soundscapes.
Eventide Tverb Features:
- A re-creation of Tony Visconti's stunning effect on David Bowie's Heroes
- 3 lush, independent reverbs
- Selectable polar patterns and compression on microphone 1
- Adjustable gates on mics 2 and 3
- New features, such as stereo, let you forge immersive new effects and soundscapes
- Includes presets created by Tony Visconti and other artists
- iLok account required (dongle not required)