Classic Console Sound for Your Studio Rig!
The Sound of a Classic Trident Recording Console!
The Trident Series 80B channel strip lets you put the sound of a legendary Series 80 console in your studio rack! Based on the discrete circuitry developed by Malcolm Toft back in the late 1970s, the 2-channel Series 80B channel strip gives you the original transformer-coupled preamplifier and 4-band equalizer found in the full-sized classic console. It's the perfect way to get the same processing used to make hit records for artists ranging from David Bowie and Elton John to Radiohead and Pavarotti. Ask your Sweetwater Sales Engineer about Trident's Series 80B channel strip today!
Trident Series 80B 2-channel Preamplifier and 4-band Equalizer at a Glance:
- The sound and the circuitry of the consoles used to record countless hit records
- A versatile set of preamplifiers that are great for both microphones and outboard gear
- Trident's epic 4-band equalizer lets you tune your sound to perfection
In the late '70s Malcolm Toft developed a new series of recording consoles to update Trident's sound for a new generation of musical talent. The result was the Trident Series 80, whose sound quickly became a favorite among the top artists of the day. Now you can get that same sound in your studio, with the Series 80B channel strip. The Series 80B doesn't just capture the sound of this legendary console, it sports the exact same painstakingly re-created circuitry. Short of spending a ton of cash on an original Series 80, there's no better way to get the sound you want than a Trident Series 80B channel strip.A versatile set of preamplifiers that are great for both microphones and outboard gear
The transformer-coupled microphone preamplifiers in the Series 80B channel strip were designed to get professional results from a wide range of sources. That's why Malcolm Toft originally built the input section on the Series 80 console to handle signal levels from -60dBu to +15dBu. Despite its extreme gain range, the Series 80B preamp sounds amazingly smooth, accommodating a wide range of input levels with a frequency response that extends to above 40kHz - all with near-theoretical-minimum noise performance. It's the kind of sound quality that's inspired many engineers and artists to create better-sounding music.Trident's epic 4-band equalizer lets you tune your sound to perfection
The Series 80B rack comes equipped with one of Trident's most applauded 4-band equalizers. Loaded with frequency-switchable high and low shelving sections, as well as swept low-mid and high-mid bands and a switchable 50Hz, 12dB per octave filter, the Series 80B gives you a phenomenal degree of control over your sound. The Series 80B's highly resonant Q peaks are particularly favored by many top engineers for tuning instrument tones. There's no limit to what you can create with this classic channel strip in your rig!Trident Series 80B 2-channel Preamplifier and 4-band Equalizer Features:
- The original discrete, transistor-balanced circuitry developed by Malcolm Toft in the late '70s for the Trident Series 80 recording consoles
- Balanced inputs and outputs ensure the highest sound quality
- Independent preamplifiers that are perfect for both microphones and line-level sources
- Switchable 48-volt phantom power available on both preamps
- 4-band equalizers with classic Series 80 console resonance
- Selectable pre-/post-EQ insert point lets you incorporate your outboard gear wherever you want it in the signal path
- LED peak meter lets you keep an eye on your overall gain to prevent distortion