A Ribbon Mic for Today's Musician
The AEA N22 gives you awesome ribbon mic performance, affordably. With its increased upper-mid presence, this handcrafted, US-made microphone is not only designed to punch through the mix - it's built to last. Boasting AEA's acclaimed 2.35" Big Ribbon, the N22 sports robust ribbon protection and reduced proximity effect, so you can close mic without worry. A custom German-made transformer provides excellent bandwidth, consistency, and distortion characteristics, while phantom power lets you work with a wide range of preamps. You need a great ribbon mic, and Sweetwater's got it: the AEA N22.
AEA N22 Active Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- Increased upper-mid presence lets you cut through a busy mix
- This mic is designed for today's musician - you!
- AEA's NUVO Series mics give you the best of vintage and modern
You're laying down a lead vocal on top of a thick rock track. How will you ever mix this monster? Not to worry - you're singing into the AEA N22. This cool ribbon mic sports a smooth upper-midrange presence that lets vocals, guitars, and other instruments cut through the mix - without the need for EQ in most cases. So, go ahead and record that killer vocal. AEA's got you covered!This mic is designed for today's musician - you!
The AEA N22 is designed for the modern musician - you, right? You likely work in a DAW-based studio situated on a desktop in your home. You don't have room (or the budget) for an enormous mic locker with dozens of high-end mics - you need a few affordable, high-quality mics that can cover it all. Enter the N22. It sounds great on everything from vocals to guitar to percussion, and it's definitely not finicky to work with. Its custom German-made transformer delivers superior bandwidth, consistency, and distortion characteristics, while its phantom power lets you season your sound with a wide range of preamps. You can even use it close up without boominess, thanks to its reduced proximity effect. And the N22's max SPL of 141dB lets you use it on loud sources like guitar cabs and snare drums without fear of damaging it.AEA's NUVO Series mics give you the best of vintage and modern
The mastermind behind AEA, Wes Dooley, conceived the NUVO Series as the natural evolution of the ribbon microphone. Like other AEA ribbon microphones, NUVO Series mics are steeped in the RCA tradition, but they've taken a fresh approach by focusing on modern application requirements. Incredibly versatile and easy to use, the AEA N22 delivers the velvety sound of classic ribbon mics - but with added upper-mid presence, truly impressive performance specs, and bulletproof US-made build quality. And AEA has managed to deliver all this at a very reasonable price. You've simply got to love this mic.AEA N22 Active Ribbon Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Increased upper-mid presence lets you cut through a busy mix without the need for EQ
- Reduced proximity effect allows for up-close miking without boominess
- Maximum SPL of 141dB lets you use it on very loud sources
- Ribbon is heavily protected, letting you close-mic without pop-filters or wind protection
- Phantom-powered for optimal performance with a wide range of preamps
- Uses the same 2.35" Big Ribbon that AEA microphones have built their reputation on
- Robust, easy-to-use design works with 3rd-party clamp mounts
- Custom German-made transformer with excellent bandwidth, consistency, and distortion characteristics
- Small form factor is easy to use with lightweight stands and in tight-miking situations
- Exemplary figure-8 polar pattern
- 100% handcrafted in Pasadena, CA
- Requires +48V phantom power