Powerful monitors for your desktop system!
The BX8a Deluxe monitors are an update to M-Audio's acclaimed BX8a nearfields - part of the wildly popular Studiophile series. Equipped with new waveguides, and enhanced driver integration, the Bx8a Deluxe monitors now feature an extended low-frequency response, and an overall more well-rounded, detailed sound. Their custom-tuned crossovers distribute 130 watts of bi-amplified power for optimal frequency handling. If you have a desktop system, and are looking to upgrade your smaller monitors - or add another set of more powerful nearfields to your arsenal - these BX8a Deluxe monitors are an excellent pick!M-Audio Studiophile BX8a Deluxe at a Glance:
- Improved low-frequency response
- 8" Kevlar low-frequency drivers
- Bi-amplified, integrated cabinet design
- Rear-ported cabinet design
Meet the BX8a Deluxe
M-Audio's Studiophile reference monitors have a great reputation with studio engineers around the world. The BX8a Deluxe updates the critically acclaimed BX8a nearfields with an extended low-frequency response that gives them an overall more detailed, refined sound. Of course, this design is coupled with M-Audio's time-proven high-temperature voice coils and damped rubber surrounds for durability and fidelity. Magnetically shielded 1" natural silk domes contribute to produce a high-end that's both clear and easy on the ears. Custom-tuned crossovers distribute 130 watts of bi-amplified power for optimal frequency handling by each driver. Hear for yourself why Studiophiles have become "standard issue" reference monitors.
Kevlar LF Drivers
To ensure a lifetime of service, M-Audio constructed the BX8a Deluxe's 8" low-frequency driver from woven Kevlar - the same material bulletproof vests are made from. (Kevlar is typically reserved for more expensive monitors.) M-Audio engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping rubber surrounds ensure that the cone reaches exactly its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. And the BX8a Deluxe's high-temperature voice coils guarantee that your monitors will deliver full performance no matter how many hours you use them.
Active (powered) monitors allow designers to optimize amplification for other components such as speakers and cabinets. And by using two separate power amps - 70 watts for lows and 60 watts for highs - and a finely tuned crossover, the BX8a Deluxe's bi-amped design insures that both the high- and low-frequency drivers are each sent only the frequencies they reproduce most efficiently.
Rear-ported cabinet design
The BX8a Deluxe's cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance-right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. Custom rear-port design eliminates the turbulence and resulting distortion caused when front ports project low frequency waves in the same path as the speakers' direct signal.
- 2-way studio reference monitors.
- Stylish design.
- 130 watts of bi-amplified powe (70 watts lows, 60 watts highs).
- 8" low-frequency drivers.
- Curved Kevlar cones.
- High-temperature voice coils.
- Damped rubber surround.
- 1" natural silk high-frequency drivers.
- Magnetically shielded.
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs.
- Volume control.
- Power indicator.
- Frequency response: 40Hz-22kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.2kHz.
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 70 Watts.
- High-frequency amplifier power: 60 Watts.
- Maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): > 100dB (typical A-weighted).
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off, transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF.
- Size: 12" x 10" x 15" (30.48cm x 25.4cm x 38.1cm)
- Weight: 26.4 lbs./unit (11.97 kg.)