The Pultec EQP-1A two-band tube EQ is a legendary vintage equalizer. You’ve heard it countless times on recordings made in all genres. The Pultec sound features huge low end, sweet and silky highs, and a beautiful warm character that enhances any track. Vintage units are scarce and pricy — but now, Pultec is back! Pulse Technologies has returned and is manufacturing exact reissues of the originals; all the original specs and construction. These aren’t clones, software emulations, or modernized versions, these are the real thing!
The beauty of the Pultec design lies in its unique boost/cut architecture. You get two bands (three in the midrange EQ) that you can both boost and cut simultaneously. (For example, on the highs, boost at 12k while you cut at 5k.) This allows you to create complex EQ response curves and dial in exactly the sound you want.
Choose from a variety of models, all with that same spectacular Pultec sound:
- EQP-1A3 — the original two-band, tube EQ
- EQP-1S3 — a rare variation of the original with more frequency selections
- EQP-1A3-SS — two-band solid-state EQ with API gain stage
- MEQ-5 — three-band tube midrange EQ
- MEQ-5SS — three-band solid-state midrange EQ with API gain stage
- EQM-1A3 — mastering version with 21-position stepped boost/cut controls
- EQM-1S3 — a rare variant of the mastering version with 21-position stepped boost/cut controls and more frequency selections
- MEQM-5 — mastering version of the three-band midrange tube EQ with 21-position stepped boost/cut controls