0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
June 2017 Giveaway

Restoring Your Guitar’s “Lost Treble”

Many guitars (particularly older ones) will sound great with the onboard volume control set to 10, but roll the volume back and the sound gets muffled, with a definite loss of highs. The fix is an easy one, but if you’re not comfortable with a soldering iron, you might want a trained guitar tech do the modification. The solution is to fit a treble-bleed capacitor with a 0.001 microfarad value to the volume control, with one end soldered to the outside “hot” tab of the control pot and the other to the center tab. If that’s still not enough, you can add a 47k ohm resistor in series with the capacitor.

Share this Article