0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Microphone Month


A golpeador is a thin piece of white – or more often transparent – plastic affixed to the soundboard of the guitar near the strings, in the right-hand (plucking) playing area. Though it is similar to a pickguard, no picks are used in flamenco, so instead the guard is named for the golpe technique, where the ring finger or the middle and ring fingers combined tap on the guard, usually in association with an index finger downstroke, or in the gap between strokes.

Share this Article