If you own a registered copy of Cakewalk’s hot new Dimension Pro software synth, take note: There’s a free version 1.1 update coming very soon. Officially slated for release in Q1 of 2006, Dimension Pro 1.1 update provides new plug-in and file format support and several new features. The update also addresses some minor issues discovered after Dimension Pro began shipping. Highlights include:
- RTAS Support for Pro Tools 7.0 and above (Mac) and 6.0 and above (Windows).
- x64-capable DXi format runs natively in SONAR 5 on new Windows XP x64 Edition and Intel and AMD x64 chipsets.
- Dimension Pro can now load REX format loops, as well as .sfz format grooves files and multisamples.
- Microtuning and Alternate tuning with native Scala file support.
- Uusers can now assign any knob on screen to any MIDI controller event and multiple controllers can be assigned to a single parameter.
- New reverb algorithms have been added to the Master FX section.
- New reverb modes and a distortion algorithm have also been added to the Insert FX section.
- Users will be able to copy/paste Insert FX settings between Elements.
- Project5 Version 2 customers can upgrade to include Dimension Pro for $99.