What tools do I need to remove the rack ears on my interface?
- Article #1712690
- Added on Mar 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM
The rack ears on many MOTU interfaces can be removed. The rack ear screws require a 7/64″ hex driver (Allen wrench). The following interfaces have removable rack ears:
- Traveler (see note below)
- UltraLite mk3
- Traveler mk3 (see note below)
- MIDI Express XT (newer model only)
- MIDI Express 128
- Micro Express (bus-powered model only)
- Micro Lite
Note: The Traveler and Traveler mk3 have a different style of rack ears, which can be removed with a common Phillips-head screwdriver.