First of all, use the latest builds of Melodyne and Cubase SX.
– In Cubase SX set the “Audio Buffer Size” to at least 256 samples – we recommend 512 or 1024.
– In the “VST Engine Expert Settings” dialog, set the “Audio Priority” to “Very High” and uncheck “Multi Processing”, even if your computer is equipped with multiple processors.
– Be sure to select a larger buffer size than the one you have selected within Cubase.
– Set “Buffer Count” to 8 and “Buffer Preload” to 2.
– If you get drop outs while using the MelodyneBridge, try increasing these parameters.
– If you do this in real time, streaming will stop for a second and the two application will be re-synchronized.
For help on using Melodyne with ReWire, see Knowledgebase article #28493.