This can happen if the iLok drivers become corrupted.
1. click on Start> Control Panel> Programs and Features.
2. In the search box in the top right corner, type pace
3. select interlok driver setup from the list, and uninstall it. Reboot.
4. go to Start> Control Panel> Device Manager
5. Expand the section that says “Dongles”
6. Right click on your iLok and choose “uninstall”, be sure to check the box that says “delete driver software”
7. Once it has disappeared from the list, right click on anything in device manager and choose “scan for hardware changes”
8. “Dongles” should come back in the list again. Repeat steps 5-7 until “dongles” no longer appears, and the iLoks show up in “other devices”
9. Go to www.ilok.com, click on the Download tab at the top of the page, then download the Driver Setup file once again.
10. Double click on the installer and install as you normally would. Reboot.