QuickTime is a cross-platform multimedia technology that allows Mac OS and Windows applications to capture and play back video, audio, and still image files. QuickTime supports a wide variety of codecs and can be extended with third-party codecs.
To export a QuickTime Movie file:
1. Select a clip or sequence in the Browser or open the sequence in the Timeline.
2. Choose Export from the File menu, then choose QuickTime from the submenu.
3. Choose a location and enter a name for the file.
4. Choose QuickTime Movie from the Format pop-up menu.
5. To export a highly compressed QuickTime movie, choose a setting from the Use pop-up menu.
6. To set additional video, audio, and Internet streaming settings, click Options.
See the appropriate section for detailed information on settings.
* Video settings: See QuickTime video settings.
* Sound settings: See QuickTime sound settings.
* Internet streaming settings: See Prepare for Internet streaming.
7. When you’re finished selecting your options, click OK.
8. When you’re ready to export, click Save.
A dialog box shows you the progress of the export. To cancel your export, press Esc or click Cancel.