48-Track HDR with the Features of a Computer-Based DAW
NOTE: Monitor, keyboard, and mouse not included.
If you thought that stand-alone digital multitrack HDR recorders were going away, think again. Tascam, the makers of the first multitrack recorders for the serious project studio, have managed to break new ground with a tried and true concept: Introducing the Tascam X-48! Tascam's new X-48 is the world's first stand-alone 48-track Hybrid Hard Disk Workstation. The Tascam X-48 integrates the best of both worlds: the stability and ease-of-use of a purpose-built hard disk recorder, with the GUI, editing features and plug-in compatibility of a computer-based digital audio workstation.Tascam X-48 at a Glance:
- 48-track digital recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit,
- AAF export for compatibility with workstations like Pro Tools
- Natively reads/writes Broadcast Wave audio files
- 3rd party plug-in compatibility.
- Built-in, automated 48-channel digital mixer, VGA display output.
48-track Digital Recording
The Tascam X-48 boasts 96kHz/24-bit recording across all 48 tracks. Its file compatibility and synchronization surpass even the TEC Award-winning MX-2424, with AAF export export and native Broadcast Wave audio files for compatibility with workstations like Pro Tools. Support for FireWire hard drives and Gigabit Ethernet allows simple transfer between systems, making it the ultimate multitrack solution for high-quality music, post and live recording applications.
48-channel Digital Mixer
Tascam's X-48 goes beyond mere stand-alone recorders - its built-in, automated 48-channel digital mixer, VGA display output, powerful editing functions and DVD+RW backup drive transform the Tascam X-48 into a complete integrated workstation.
- (48) TDIF Digital Inputs and Outputs.
- Stereo S/PDIF In and Out.
- (2) 24-channel option slots support analog,ADAT or AES/EBU expansion cards.
- BNC Video In and Thru, auto-terminating.
- BNC Word Clock In, Out and Thru, auto-terminating.
- MIDI In and Out.
- TRS balanced W" SMPTE In and Out.
- 1/4" Footswitch Input.
- RS-422 (Sony 9-pin) Remote Input
- PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Inputs.
- VGA Output.
- Gigabit Ethernet for drive sharing.
- (4) USB ports for external hard drive support.
- (2) FireWire ports for external hard drive expansion.
- IF-AN24X 24-channel balanced analog I/O card.
- IF-AE24 24-channel AES/EBU I/O card.
- IF-AD24 24-channel ADAT optical I/O card.
- 48-track digital recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit.
- 32-bit floating point audio file recording and playback with no loss of track count.
- Advanced integrated synchronization and machine control, including tri-level sync for high definition video.
- Time-stamped Broadcast WAVE file format.
- Front-panel transport, track arming, project management and metering functions.
- Built-in 80GB hard drive.
- Built-in DVD+RW for backup, transfer and restore.
- ±6% varispeed.
- Grid-style editing.
- Turn-key operation: no software conflicts to troubleshoot.
- Graphic user interface for editing, mixing, plug-ins and meters.
- 48-channel mixing at 96kHz
- 32-bit floating point mixer resolution.
- 6 stereo returns (60 inputs at mixdown).
- 24 busses, 6 aux sends, stereo master buss.
- Full dynamic automation.
- Dynamics, 4-band parametric EQ and 4 VST plug-in inserts per channel.