Amazing Re-creation of a Classic
Warm Audio's WA76 set its target high: the most iconic solid-state limiting amplifier in history. How does Warm do it? Through economies of scale, mostly. They don't cut corners on components (the WA76 employs genuine US-made Cinemag transformers), but they do order parts and build in quantity, which keeps costs down. Like the original classic unit, the WA76 gives you a completely discrete signal path and the same arrangement of controls. And yes, it replicates the original's explosive performance when all the ratio buttons are pressed in. Elevate your studio to the next level with the Warm Audio WA76.
What can the WA76 do for you?
Every studio needs a good limiter, and the Warm Audio WA76 is designed after the mother of all limiters. With its lightning-fast response time and pristine, all-discrete signal path, the WA76 is your go-to device for everything from subtle, transparent dynamics control to full-on brickwall limiting. It's fabulous on bass, kick drum, snare, vocals — you name it. It's a must-have for punchy parallel processing on drums, and if you have two of them, the possibilities become even greater.
Top-tier performance — and a stunning value
At Sweetwater, we're all about performance and value, and that's what the WA76 gives you. At this amazing price, you can double your value and get two. With a pair of these in your rack, you can make that stereo piano sit proud in a thick track, punch up your drums, strap a stereo pair across your stereo bus for some mastering magic, and juice your mix with serious slam factor.
Warm Audio WA76 Limiting Amplifier Features:
- Class A line-level output amplifier
- Inspired by the sought-after D revision of the iconic solid-state limiting amplifier
- Completely discrete signal path
- Utilizes US-made Cinemag input and output transformers
- Supports the famous all-buttons-in ratio setting
- Ultra-fast attack time; 55db of gain
- Input impedance is 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-1dB) frequency response
- XLR and TRS inputs and outputs
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50Hz to 20kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74dB at +25dBm
- Equivalent input noise (EIN) is -104.1dBm
- Attack time is 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time is 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply and an external 24-volt AC power transformer (included)
- 2U, 19" rackmount chassis
- 1-year warranty