The Sound of Your Studio, Anywhere!
Mixing in a perfect environment simply isn't an option for everyone. Even if you have excellent, high-quality studio monitors, chances are you don't have the liberty to crank up your latest mix at 3:00 AM, just when you've put the final touches on that last track. That's what's so cool about the Focusrite VRM Box. Designed to integrate with your favorite DAW, the VRM Box uses Focusrite's award-winning VRM (virtual reference monitoring) to simulate a traditional monitoring environment, right in your headphones. Now, instead of the tightly focused and exaggerated stereo separation you get from headphones, you get the sound of a traditional listening environment, complete with pro-quality studio monitors.
Because the VRM Box can act either as the primary output of your DAW or inline with the S/PDIF output of your audio interface, you can use it with any DAW, even Pro Tools HD. The VRM Box hardware itself boasts a 108dB dynamic range, far outstripping conventional computer headphone outputs. What's more, the VRM Box supports up to 24-bit/192kHz digital audio over S/PDIF, so it's compatible with even the most demanding applications. Although monitoring with real studio monitors will always be ideal, a Focusrite VRM Box will make your next best option a whole lot better.Focusrite VRM Box Virtual Reference Monitoring Interface Features at a Glance:
- Onboard VRM (Virtual Reference Monitoring) lets you hear the sound of your mix being played over a pair of professional studio monitors in a controlled environment - right in your headphones
- Supports sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz via S/PDIF input, 48kHz via USB
- 108dB dynamic range
- USB 2.0 for connectivity and bus power
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- Stereo Headphone output on 1/4" TRS
- Analogue headphone output level control
- Supports Windows (XP with service pack 3, Vista, and 7) and Intel Mac OS X 10.5 and OS X 10.6
- Dimensions: 2.7" x 1" x 2.7"
- Weight: 4.33 oz.