An amazing replication of the famous Bosendorfer Imperial!
NOTE: This product requires a Vienna Key (not included) to operate. Contact your Sweetwater Sales Engineer if you have questions.
With the Vienna Imperial virtual grand piano, the minds behind the stunning Vienna Symphonic Library turn their attention to the renowned Bosendorfer Imperial 290-755. Using their "Silent Stage," each note is meticulously multi-sampled — the sound of this legendary piano is represented by an astounding 1,200 recorded samples per key. The Vienna Imperial includes pedal-up and pedal-down notes with up to 100 velocities, giving you an incredibly expressive playing experience. Add the sound of the storied Bosendorfer 290 to your compositions with the Vienna Imperial virtual grand!Vienna Symphonic Library Vienna Imperial Virtual Grand Piano at a Glance:
- Faithful re-creation of the Bosendorfer 290-755
- Meticulously multi-sampled
- Easy to use
Faithful re-creation of the Bosendorfer 290-755
The Vienna Imperial virtual grand piano is a class of its own. The venerable Bosendorfer Imperial 290-755 that the Vienna Symphonic team hosted at their Silent Stage for two months was equipped with the famed piano manufacturer's CEUS technology, which allowed for the most precise and by far most extensive piano sample recordings ever conducted in the history of music technology. 1,200 recorded samples per key represent a magnitude of sampling detail that has been unthinkable up to now.
The innovative implementation of meticulously recorded pedal-up and pedal-down notes in up to 100 velocities, comprehensive sympathetic resonances, and multiple release samples make the Vienna Imperial quite honestly the most realistic sampled piano ever created.
Easy to use
No less importantly, the Vienna Imperial is so easy to use. The Basic View of the user interface lets you choose between three recording positions (close, player, and audience). The Advanced View gives you quick and easy access to more control options such as convolution reverb, EQ, pedal noises, sympathetic resonances, stereo width, MIDI sensitivity and more. But don't get fooled by the slick interface - under the hood is a new proprietary piano engine that has been specifically designed to drive this massive amount of sample data and processing power. And when all is said and done, it boils down to how it sounds. Dare we say, the "Passion of the Grand" has never been more real.
- Up to 100 velocities per key, 1,200 recorded samples per key
- Audience, player, and close microphone recording positions
- Powerful proprietary piano engine
- Multiple release samples for different note lengths (supports authentic staccato/staccatissimo performances)
- Repetition samples for pedal-sustained notes
- Sympathetic resonances for sustain pedal up and down positions
- Adjustable pedal noises
- Easy to use interface with unique velocity histogram
- Convolution reverb featuring three halls of the famous Vienna Konzerthaus
- Dynamic range control
- Lossless sample compression for using less hard disk space
- RAM Optimizer to unload unused samples out of RAM
- 24-bit/44.1kHz, stereo