Classic 50's Tele Sound, Look & Feel!
Pomona Avenue, California, 1950: the genesis of the modern electric solidbody guitar is artfully captured in this timeless collectible. Now made at Fender's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, the new Classic Series '50s Telecaster features an ash body, a C-shaped maple neck, and vintage Tele pickups.
Singing cowboys were electrifying country and western music in the heart of the great South (Southern California, that is), and the 1950 Telecaster was at the heart of it all. But it soon grew beyond its country roots to lend its signature tone to practically every genre of popular music. Because of its unique finish, knurled chrome knobs, single-ply white pickguard, and two single-coil alnico magnet Tele pickups, this guitar was distinctive in both style and sound.Fender Classic '50s Telecaster Features at a Glance:
- White blonde color
- Ash body
- 1-piece, C-shaped maple neck with a gloss polyurethane finish
- Fender/Ping vintage-style tuning machines
- 7.25" radius maple fingerboard
- 21 vintage-style frets
- 2 vintage-style single-coil Tele pickups with alnico magnets (neck and bridge)
- Master volume and master tone controls
- Vintage-style 3-saddle string-through-body Tele bridge
- 3-position blade pickup switch
- Chrome hardware
- Fender Super 250R nickel-plated steel strings (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Single-ply white pickguard
- 25.5" scale length
- 1.625" width at a nut
- Deluxe gig bag included
When you buy a Classic Series Telecaster from Sweetwater, it's like having one made just for you - aside from our evaluation and basic setup, the only person who puts their hands on it is you!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.