Classic Abbey Road Preamp - in a 500 Series Module!
The Chandler Limited TG2-500 500 Series mic/line preamp module is a spot-on re-creation of the rare EMI TG12428, found in the recording and mastering consoles of EMI (and later Abbey Road) studios in the late '60s and early '70s. The TG2-500 is built using the original TG12428 schematics. Put the sound of the preamp used in such iconic recordings as The Beatles' Abbey Road and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in your 500 Series rack. Order your TG2-500 from Sweetwater today!
Chandler Limited TG2-500 500 Series Mic/Line Preamp at a Glance:
- There's history behind this amazing-sounding pre
- You get warmth and punch - plus an open, airy high end
- Put this in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone
The Chandler Limited TG2-500 500 Series module is a re-creation of the rare EMI TG12428 preamp fitted in EMI/Abbey Road recording and mastering consoles of the late '60s and early '70s. This instantly identifiable sound was used on many legendary Abbey Road recordings, including The Beatles Abbey Road and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon.You get warmth and punch - plus an open, airy high end
The Chandler Limited TG2-500 500 Series preamp module incorporates the same discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers as the TG Series limiter, giving you a creamy, smooth tone with an open, airy high end. The sound, as described by many users, is imbued with vintage warmth and punch - but with a more open top end. The unit does indeed have a small rise in its high frequency response, along with some warmth-inducing distortion which contribute to its unique, punchy sound.Put this in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone
Chandler Limited's TG2-500 500 Series preamp was built from the original EMI TG12428 design notes and circuit board drawings provided by Abbey Road and EMI. With an genealogy like that, this preamp's a no-brainer. When you plug into the Chandler Limited TG2-500 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp, you plug into the sound behind some of the most memorable recordings in classic rock history. Put the Chandler Limited TG2-500 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp in your 500 Series rack and brace yourself for some serious tone.Chandler Limited TG2-500 500 Series Mic/Line Preamp Features:
- Topology based closely on the original EMI TG12428 at EMI/Abbey Road studio
- Discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers produce a warm tone with clear highs and rich lows
- Input gain ranges from +20dB to +50dB
- 48V phantom power, phase reverse, and an impedance switch
- Impedance switch toggles between 300 ohms and 1200 ohms, to match any mic
- Channel output gain control lets you run the input gain hot for extra color
- Requires compatible 500 Series chassis