Own One of the Great Special Runs in Fender History!
The Fender Custom Shop has been building dream guitars for the cream of the guitar crop for nearly 20 years. From faithful reproductions of classic axes of the past to fully tweaked customs built to an individual's personal specifications, few instruments command the level of respect afforded Fender Custom Shop models. There are degrees of Fender Custom Shop models: Stock Team-built and Team-built Custom. A select few instruments are hand built by the Master Luthiers, the same luthiers that build custom instruments for the likes of Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, and Merle Haggard. Now the Fender Custom Shop proudly offers a globally limited, 250-guitar run of its sublime Master Salute Stratocaster LTD guitar.Fender Master Salute Stratocaster LTD at a Glance:
- Globally limited run Stratocaster with select alder body and modern "C"-shape maple neck
- Custom '50s single-coil pickups
- Engraved limited-edition neck plate
Alder Body and "C"-shape Maple Neck
This Master-built guitar features a two-piece select alder body, which gives you the classic rock/blues tones of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and John Mayer. Its modern C-shaped one-piece maple neck has a 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with medium jumbo frets. The maple fingerboard provides that cool "poppy" attack that we associate only with Fender Strats, and the medium jumbo frets that make chording and soloing easier, along with more modern feel.
Custom '50s Pickups
To Augment that classic rock/blues sound, the Master Salute Stratocaster is fitted with three Custom '50s single-coil pickups. They give you the sound of a '50s Strat, but with a little bit more attitude. These calibrated pickups are constructed with hand beveled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils. They deliver enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range. The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in positions 2 & 4. The blues never sounded so sweet.
Globally Limited Run of 250
The Master Salute Stratocaster LTD is a limited run of only 250 instruments world-wide, so once it's gone, it's really gone, and in future years this guitar will be considered one of the great special runs in Fender history. The Master Salute Stratocaster LTD also features an engraved limited-edition neck plate and is accompanied by a limited edition certificate and limited edition hard-shell case. As an added bonus, each one of these fine instruments ships with a Custom Shop mirror, for your den or music room.
- Custom Shop limited edition neck plate
- Limited edition certificate
- Blonde limited edition case
- The Master Salute Stratocaster LTD is a Masterbuilt, limited run solidbody electric guitar
- Series: Custom Shop Limited Edition Series
- Color: White Gold Leaf (850) (nitrocellulose lacquer)
- Body: Select alder body
- Neck: 1-piece maple, C-Shape, (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" radius (241mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 medium jumbo frets
- Pickups - 3 Custom '50s single-coil Strat pickups
- Master volume
- Tone 1. (neck pickup)
- Tone 2. (middle pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-position blade:
- Position 1. Bridge pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle pickup
- Position 4. Middle and neck pickup
- Position 5. Neck pickup
- Bridge - American Vintage synchronized tremolo with "ash tray" bridge cover
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuning machines
- Hardware: Nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: 1-ply brushed chrome, (8-hole)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel-plated steel
- Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Accessories: Case, strap, and cable
- Case: LTD blonde hard-shell case with red plush interior
- Ships with a bonus Custom Shop mirror
You could easily make the case that Fender electric guitars were responsible - at least in great part - for the birth of modern rock 'n' roll. Originally designed to be easier to build, and thus more affordable, Leo Fender's masterpieces, which include classics like the Stratocaster (is there a more distinctive guitar shape in the world?), the Telecaster and the original Precision Bass, were at the core of a musical revolution that spawned everything from surf to country to punk!
In the 1960s, when Fender guitars first hit bandstands and stages all around the country, it was astonishing to see that trademark Fender maple neck and fingerboard. Though the company eventually offered rosewood fingerboards as standard or optional on its entire line of instruments, those first "blond" necks really shook things up. Others have picked up on the maple neck theme, but it's clearly yet another of Leo Fender's "firsts."
Today, no other manufacturer can match Fender for the sheer number of options available throughout its entire line. While vintage Fenders can command astronomic prices, the company now has the widest range of quality instruments in the world, along with the highest profile players like Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan, all of whom are legendary.