Harness the Classic Tones of an Iconic Strat
The Fender American Vintage '65 Stratocaster captures the essence of an iconic solidbody electric guitar during its mid-sixties "transition" era. Specially voiced single-coil pickups reproduce the trademark Stratocaster tones you'd expect from a real vintage instrument, enhancing the incredibly balanced sound afforded by this Strat's alder body with equal helpings of lows, mids, and highs. Period-correct bridge saddles and tuner spacing, a comfortable C-shaped maple neck with round-laminated rosewood fingerboard, and aged plastic control knobs echo the stylings of a classic Strat. The Fender American Vintage '65 Stratocaster solidbody electric guitar encapsulates the sound and spirit of 1965.Fender American Vintage '65 Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- American Vintage Series means period-accurate details
- Why 1965?
- Vintage-style pickups provide classic tone
Fender spared no expense in creating the American Vintage Series, and you'll see it in the American Vintage '65 Stratocaster. To make it as vintage-accurate as possible, Fender restored original tooling dies, voiced new pickups, and even reformulated vintage finishes based on actual vintage examples. The guitarists here at Sweetwater can attest to the well-worn-in looks and playability of these excellent instruments.Why 1965?
1965 was a transitional time for the Stratocaster. It was the year the Strat saw the return of the thicker C-shaped neck, and was also the year that enamel-covered pickup wiring was introduced. This American Vintage '65 Strat boasts all of these, plus a round-laminated rosewood fretboard. Period-correct bridge saddles and tuner spacing, and an aged plastic switch cap and control knobs add to this guitar's vintage styling.Vintage-style pickups provide classic tone
Fender wouldn't rest until the American Vintage '65 Stratocaster sounded as vintage as it looks, so they got to work developing a special set of pickups specifically for the American Vintage Series. This Strat packs a trio of American Vintage '65 Grey Bottom Strat single-coil pickups, specially wound to period-correct specs and sound. A modern 5-way blade pickup switch yields "in between" tones that weren't legitimately possible in 1965 (an optional 3-way switch is included if you're a stickler for authenticity).Fender American Vintage '65 Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- American Vintage Series Stratocaster captures the essence of a 1965 Strat
- Alder body delivers a balanced sound with equal helpings of lows, mids, and highs
- American Vintage '65 Grey Bottom Strat single-coil pickups match the sound and specs of '65 pickups
- Thicker C-shaped neck satifies players with a preference for larger necks
- Period-correct bridge saddles and tuner spacing yields classic playability
- Vintage-style Flash Coat Lacquer finish allows the body to "breathe" and enhance tonally as it ages
- Modern 5-way blade pickup switch allows for "in between" tones (optional vintage 3-way switch is included)
- Aged plastic knobs and switchcaps complete the vintage look
Play a sweet blast from the past - the Fender American Vintage '65 Stratocaster!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.