Sound Barrier For Everyone!
SheetBlok is a dense, limp-mass vinyl material that is about 6dB more effective than solid lead at stopping the transmission of sound. It acts as a thin, dense sound barrier layer in walls, ceilings or floors and is most effective when used as one component of a multi-layered construction scheme.
SheetBlok helps in decoupling (i.e. floating) floors and walls and, while it's not normally considered a finish product per se, it is paintable with latex paint.Features:
- Size: 4'x10' pieces (40 sq. ft.)
- Color: Black (smooth on one side; has a pebble grain finish on the other) or clear (special order; subject to availability)
- STC: 27
- Thickness: 1/8" Weight: +/-1#/sq. ft.
- Service Temperature: -40 to 180 F
- Tensile Strength: 400 psi
- Tear Strength: 70#/inch
- Flammability: Rated UL94 S.E. "0"; Passes test MVSS-302