Versatile Tube Preamplifier Steps Up Your Sound!
ART's Pro MPA-II is a value-packed 2-channel tube microphone preamplifier. It's loaded with the right complement of professional features to deliver a serious sonic upgrade for any project studio or mobile recording studio. For flexible flavor, the ART Pro MPA-II features variable input impedance, so you can dial in a range of tube tones to suit your microphones. What's more, dual-mono and stereo support, and a mid/side miking switch give you the flexibility you need to tackle a wide range of projects and recording setups with the ART Pro MPA-II.ART Pro MPA-II 2-channel Tube Microphone Preamplifier at a Glance:
- Two channels of flexible tube preamplification
- Supports dual-mono and stereo operation, as well as mid/side miking
- Large VU meters and multicolored LEDs display levels
Two channels of flexible tube preamplification
If you're looking to bring your recordings up to the level, there's nothing like introducing a quality preamplifier. And, with ART's Pro MPA-II, you'll have more than enough sonic range to dial in nearly any sound imaginable - no matter what kind of microphones you have in your mic locker right now, or the microphones you add to it in the future. That's because, on each channel you have selectable phantom power for your condensers. Plus, there's plenty of gain onboard for bringing your ribbon microphone signals up into usable levels. Beyond that, variable input impedance lets you draw out a rich range of tones from each of your microphones - use it to match the preamplifier to your microphones, or creatively mismatch tones for a unique sound. Plus, you can operate the ART Pro MPA-II at high or normal plate voltage, for an even wider range of sounds. There's also a per-channel low-cut filter to squelch issues with rumble.
Supports dual-mono and stereo operation, as well as mid/side miking
Your preamplification needs will vary depending on what you want to do and what you're recording - but, luckily, ART equipped the Pro MPA-II with the flexibility to meet your changing needs. You can operate the preamplifier in dual-mono or stereo, to suit what you're recording. There's even selectable support for mid/side microphone setups.
Large VU meters and multicolored LEDs display levels
Get an eye on what's going on using the ART Pro MPA-II's full assortment of metering. Onboard, two professional VU meters display input or output levels, while its multicolored LED arrays, with average or peak hold, show you tube gain.
- Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
- Selectable Plate Voltage
- Large VU Meters
- Backlit Function Switches
- Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
- Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
- Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Wide Frequency Response
- Additional Front-mounted Instrument Input Jack
- Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
- Automatic Instrument Input Selection