Morphing Analog Bliss
The XILS-lab PolyKB captures the sound and vibe of the legendary RSF PolyKobol, the fabled French analog synth of the early '80s. As did its ancestor, the PolyKB sports twin oscillators, uncanny in their ability to morph from one wave shape to the next, letting you conjure everything from PWM to more zany tonal changes that can't easily be obtained by other means. The PolyKB also gives you a powerful, smooth 24dB/octave lowpass filter, EQ, and deliciously vintage-flavored chorus, delay, and phasing. Add a rare vintage analog synth to your arsenal, with the XILS-lab PolyKB.
XILS-lab PolyKB at a Glance:
- A rare morphing beast
- Incredible sounds
- Powerful polyphonic sequencer
With XILS-lab's PolyKB in your palette, you'll be in good company. The first iteration of the PolyKobol never got past the prototype stage, and RSF sold only about 30 PolyKobol IIs. A rare beast indeed. Nevertheless, RSF synths have been used by musical luminaries such as Jean-Michel Jarre, Hans Zimmer, Depeche Mode, Peter Gabriel, Vince Clark and Vangelis. Now you can flex your sound-shaping muscles, affordably - and with boatloads of control those pioneers never had. Fire up XILS-lab's PolyKB and start morphing.Incredible sounds
The XILS-lab PolyKB's morphing oscillators take centerstage in the sound of this synth, but it has a distinguished supporting cast. The filter employs a standard analog chip of the '80s, with assistance from a very complete modulation section. You're able to conjure incredibly lush, warm sounds, ranging from rich, opulent basses and gradually evolving pads to belligerent leads and crystalline keyboards - all juiced by a range of tasty vintage-flavored effects.Powerful polyphonic sequencer
The XILS-lab PolyKB packs a powerful sequencer. The onboard 8-part polyphonic sequencer features live recording, velocity editing and a sophisticated step-play mode - great for live chord pattern playing. This allows you to build-up richly complex compositions from within the PolyKB.XILS-lab PolyKB Features:
- Craft amazing sounds from morphing wave shapes!
- Plug-in only; no stand-alone operation
- Two aliasing-free morphing oscillators: from triangle to pulse, through saw.
- One 4-pole lowpass self-oscillating filter
- Two envelope generators (ADSR)
- Two MIDI-synced LFO
- One MIDI-synced Sample and Hold
- 128-step polyphonic sequencer
- One arpeggiator (monophonic and polyphonic)
- Chorus, delay, phaser and EQ effects
- Mono/Unison/Poly playing mode with up to 16 voices of polyphony
- All parameters are MIDI controllable