The Industry-standard for Audio Production
Now you can subscribe to Pro Tools on an annual basis. Your subscription includes Pro Tools software, bonus plug-ins, and access to Avid Customer Care, which provides all future Pro Tools updates, upgrades, and expert help, for as long as your subscription is active.
Creating music with Avid Pro Tools is designed for beginners and seasoned pros alike. Its optimized audio engine is the epitome of efficiency. Its interface is as easy to use as a tape deck. And its editing is legendary. This industry-standard DAW software is loaded with innovations. Track Commit and Track Freeze free up system resources during intense sessions. Improved waveform visualization powers you through big projects while layered Editing safeguards overlapped clips while you're editing. Create quick crossfades with real-time fade manipulation. Connect with other musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers with Avid Cloud Collaboration. If you're an audio professional, you need Avid Pro Tools.
Ultra-flexible recording, editing, and mixing environment
Avid's Pro Tools software is the go-to DAW for countless recording studios. Most major production houses are built around it. In fact, many of us at Sweetwater choose Pro Tools for our own home studios. Navigating Pro Tools is easy, thanks to its streamlined two-window interface. Every tool you need is right at your fingertips. And most advanced functions are only a click away. Forget about spending days or even weeks getting to know the program. With Pro Tools software, you just dive in and establish the workflow that best meets your needs.
Loaded with the quality tools you need for in-the-box music creation
Pro Tools software is the weapon of choice for music composers and electronic musicians. It includes a full lineup of virtual instruments. And it provides the perfect environment and tools to get the most out of them. Import your scores or create new compositions in Pro Tools software's versatile score editor. Or dive into the massive collection of MIDI tools.
Free up your system with Track Commit and Track Freeze
Pro Tools Track Commit prints your tracks, processing and all, to free up resources. And you can print from any insert point in its signal path. Say you have a vocal track with pitch correction and a channel strip. You can print a copy of the tuned vocal without including the other processing. This allows you to continue tweaking the channel strip as you mix. Or you can print all the processing, freeing up DSP resources.
Track Freeze frees up DSP by rendering your entire track on-the-fly. If your track doesn't need further editing, this is a great way to maximize resources. It even works on auxiliary tracks and multi-output virtual instruments! Like Track Commit, you can freeze a track, up to and including, any insert point in its signal path. Activate Track Freeze from the Tracks menu, right-click menu, or snowflake icon. Unfreeze it the same way. A Freeze Status Icon shows if tracks are frozen, and can globally freeze and unfreeze tracks.
Improved waveform visualization and batch fade enhancements for rapid editing
Lining up edits with Pro Tools is a piece of cake. Improved waveform visualization lets you see through overlapping waveforms by making one layer translucent. Improvements to batch fades make drum editing and other repetitive fade tasks instantaneous. Editing has always been one of Pro Tools strong suits, and now it’s even better!
Create crossfade curves from the Edit window
Now you can adjust fade in, out, and crossfade curves right from the Edit Window. Select the Smart Tool and position the cursor over the fade. Then click and drag to the left or right to adjust the fade curve. Real-time fade manipulation is a huge time saver!
Connect and collaborate with other musicians and audio pros
Avid Cloud Collaboration connects you with other musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers. It gives you the necessary tools, workflows, and connections to make your work stand out. No matter where your collaborators are, it's like working in the same studio!
Avid Pro Tools 12 Software Features:
- NEW Track Commit and Track Freeze free up system resources during intense sessions
- NEW Improved waveform visualization powers you through big projects
- NEW Layered Editing prevents you from losing overlapped clips while editing
- NEW Real-time fade manipulation for creating quick crossfades
- NEW Send fully overlapped clips to a new or existing playlist while editing and/or while recording
- NEW Grid Toggle function makes flipping between Grid and Slip modes easy
- NEW Tandem Trimming enables trimming the start and end of two adjacent clips simultaneously
- NEW Clip Overwrite Indicator alerts you when you move an audio clip so that it fully overlaps a smaller off-screen clip
- NEW Soundbase uses tags to make locating audio files and loops easy
- Industry-standard Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software for Mac and PC
- Powerful audio engine provides superior memory management
- Faster-than-real-time bounce to disk streamlines your workflow and frees up resources
- Unified media engine natively supports multiple HD video formats
- Smooth collaboration with Avid Media Composer and other media-production workflows
- Workspace Browser makes project navigation fast and simple
- Simple keyboard commands disable and enable sends and inserts
- Capture automation while recording audio
- Utilize up to 128 tracks at 44.1/48kHz and up to 32 channels of simultaneous I/O
- Take advantage of over 70 bundled plug-in processors, effects, and virtual instruments
- Automatic delay compensation provides tight mixing with minimal phase issues
- Multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio correct timing across all of your tracks
- Score Editor and MIDI Editor provide comprehensive composing capabilities
- Mix various audio file types and formats in a single session without format conversion
- Create flawless performances using simple track compositing functions
- Clip Gain provides dynamic volume flexibility and increases integration with Media Composer
- Mute and Solo visual indicators and Bus Interrogation provide a clear view of signal flow
- Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces
- Low-latency monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO hardware delivers smoother tracking
- Read/record from flash drives, RAID systems, network-attached drives, and server storage
- Functions such as Export Selected Tracks as New Session make collaboration easy
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support plus included
- Export support for MP3 files, iTunes, and SoundCloud also included
- Full-time code support with feet and frames rulers and 24-hour timeline support
- Avid Cloud Collaboration for connecting and collaborating
- Includes iLok