This Tiny Monitor Puts Out Big Sound!
Galaxy Audio's Powered Micro Spot DC is an excellent onstage monitoring solution, effectively providing a clean 30-watts of power, despite its ultra-light 4.82 lbs.! Also, unlike the original Micro Spot, the Powered Micro Spot DC can now operate on DC power as well as AC. Compact enough for taking to the gig, but just as adept in fixed-installation situations, it's a great value. You can plug XLR or 1/4" inputs and there's even a 2-band EQ and compressor/limiter built into the Micro Spot DC.Galaxy Audio Powered Micro Spot DC at a Glance:
- Can power it with DC power
- Weighs less than five pounds but delivers up to 99dB SPL
- Built-in 2-band EQ plus compressor/limiter
- Can mount on wall or ceiling or on a mic stand
Can power it with DC power
The Galaxy Audio Powered Micro Spot DC takes the popular Powered Micro Spot and gives it the ability to be powered by DC.
Weighs less than five pounds but delivers up to 99dB SPL
Weighing only 4.82 pounds, the Powered Micro Spot DC delivers a clean 30 watts of power to its internal 4.5" speaker and can reach SPL levels of 99dB. XLR and 1/4" inputs respectively accept microphone and line level signals.
Built-in 2-band EQ plus compressor/limiter
The Powered Micro Spot DC also features a 2-band equalizer and built-in compressor/limiter circuitry that controls the amplifier's gain, acting like a compressor on transient signals and a "brick wall" limiter on signals that continuously exceed a predetermined limit. This results in an apparent 6dB increase in SPL without distortion. That's twice the sound pressure!
Can mount on wall or ceiling or on a mic stand
With the included mounting hardware, the Powered Micro Spot DC can be permanently mounted to a wall or ceiling, or conveniently mounted atop a microphone stand for portable use. The Powered Micro Spot DC works great in many applications. The powered Micro Spot is diverse enough for live sound, church, fixed installation, etc. It's compact and lightweight enough to take anywhere.
- Rated Power: 30 watts
- Equalization: Two band center detent
- Lo: ± 12 dB shelving at 200 Hz
- Hi: ± 12 dB shelving at 10 kHz
- Frequency response: 65 Hz-15 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% @ 4 ohms
- Input connection: Balanced XLR and ?" parallel inputs
- with +15 VDC phantom power
- Indicator LED: POWER
- Power Requirements: MSPA 90-250 VAC~, 50/60 Hz, 30W
- Safeguards: Short circuit current limiting. Short circuit foldback
- limiting. Thermal short circuit protection. Dynamic load line cooling.
- Turn on/turn off transient suppression
- Speaker: One 4.5"
- Power handling capacity: 30 watts
- Sensitivity (1 Watt @ 1 meter): 84 dB (1 kHz octave band)
- Frequency response: 150 Hz-15 kHz
- Maximum SPL @ clip (1 Watt @ 1 meter): 99 dB
- SPLOWT: 21
- Enclosure Materials: Fire retardant styrene with black cast
- aluminum grille
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 7" x 6" x 5" (178 mm x 152 mm x 127 mm)
- Net weight: 4.82 lbs. (2.19 kg)
- Shipping weight: 7.48 lbs. (3.4 kg)