Unbelievable Mac Power!
The Apple Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz is a member of Apple's most powerful family of computers yet. Boasting all-new "Nehalem" processors for seriously beefed-up performance, the Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz accesses information between cores more efficiently than ever before. Plus, with a huge 1TB hard drive - and three more internal drive bays for expansion - along with 3GB of installed memory (expandable up to 32GB), four FireWire 800 ports, and five USB 2.0 ports, you'll have a powerhouse companion for your demanding professional audio work, with the Apple Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz.
Many Quad-core processors are composed of two separate dies, which means some cached data has to travel outside the processor to get from core to core - an inefficient way to access information. The Quad-core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor changes all of that. The Nehalem's single-die 64-bit architecture makes 8MB of fully shared L3 cache readily available to each of the four processor cores. The results are fast access to cache data and greater application performance. Combine that with the other technological advances and you get a Mac Pro that's up to 1.9x faster than the previous generation.
The Mac Pro gives you Turbo Boost, a dynamic performance technology that automatically boosts the processor clock speed based on workload. If you're using an application that doesn't need every core, Turbo Boost shuts off the idle cores while simultaneously increasing the speed of the active ones.
All-new high-performance graphics cards from AMD make the Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz's graphics technology faster than before. Perfect for motion graphics, 3D modeling, rendering, or animation, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory comes standard - and provides up to 2.9x the performance of previous Mac Pro standard graphics cards.
There are plenty of places to connect external devices to your Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz. You'll find two FireWire 800 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and a headphone minijack right up front - where it's more convenient to connect storage and multimedia devices as well as high-speed peripherals. And there are even more ports on the back: three USB 2.0, two FireWire 800, optical audio input and output, analog audio input and output, and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz's graphics card features two display ports for maximum workspace flexibility. A Mini DisplayPort connects to the new 24" Apple LED Cinema Display with ease, while the onboard dual-link DVI port connects to any other DVI display.
The Mac Pro comes with four 3.5" internal hard drive bays for an enormous amount of internal storage - up to 4TB when you install four 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drives. Each bay provides its own independent 3Gb/s channel for fast access to data. Plus, thanks to the cable-free direct-attach installation system, adding (or replacing) hard drives is a surprisingly simple process.
The redesigned interior of the Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz feels like the well-organized workstation it is - no rat's nest of components here. You don't need to turn the system on its side or struggle to reach into awkward spaces to make changes - just remove the side panel for instant, easy access to everything. You can slide out the processor tray to add memory, slide out hard drive bays to add storage, or slide a simple bar to change up to four expansion cards at once.Apple Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz Computer Features at a Glance:
- One 2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor
- Next-generation Intel microarchitecture
- 8MB of fully shared L3 cache
- Integrated memory controller
- Turbo Boost dynamic performance (up to 3.33GHz on 8-core 2.93GHz system)
- 128-bit SSE4 SIMD engine
- 64-bit data paths and registers
- Optimized for energy efficiency
- 3GB (three 1GB DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM
- 4 memory slots supporting up to 32GB of main memory using up to 8GB DIMMs
- 640GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s, 7200 rpm, 16MB cache
- 18x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD-R DL/DVD-RW/CD-RW)
- ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB GDDR5 1GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, a Mini DisplayPort, and a dual-link DVI port
- Two independent 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interfaces with support for jumbo frames
- Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- 4 FireWire 800 ports (2 on front panel, 2 on back panel)
- 5 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front panel, 3 on back panel)
- 2 USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
- Front-panel headphone minijack and internal speaker
- Optical digital audio input and output TOSlink ports
- Analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
- 3 open full-length PCI Express expansion slots (1 PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, 2 PCI Express 2.0 x4 slots)
- Mac Pro
- Power cord
- Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad and Magic Mouse
- USB keyboard extension cable
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation