The Moogerfooger Ring Modulator!
The Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator rebuilds your sound into two separate tones and then uses an internal carrier oscillator to spread those tones apart in the frequency spectrum. The higher the carrier frequency, the more the new tones are separated. The MF-102 serves up an astounding range of effects; from slow, velvet-smooth tremelo, to chains jangling in a Chinese gong, to classic "outer space" sounds. The LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) imparts trills, vibratos, siren effects. You want unlimited new sounds? You got 'em - courtesy of the Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator.
Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator at a Glance:
- You'll have a blast unleashing ring modulation effects
- You're definitely going to want an expression pedal...
- A bona fide Moog
Inside the Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator chassis is a ring modulator, a voltage-controlled carrier oscillator, and a voltage-contolled dual-waveform LFO. OK - but how does this wondrous pedal do what it does? Well, it's complicated, involving a lot of math and equations and such. We know - you thought there'd be no math, but the genius is in the details, and here the details are in the sum and difference. How you get the sound is far less important for most of us that how the sound affects your signal. Just believe us when we tell you you'll have a blast with the MF-102 Ring Modulator.You're definitely going to want an expression pedal...
Like all the Moogerfoogers, the Ring Mod is all analog and can be controlled using a Moog EP-2 expression pedal. Past experience tells us that great things happen when you plug in an expression pedal or two and start ring modulating in real time. It really must be experienced to be believed, so buy the Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator now! And don't forget to add at least one expression pedal to complete the magic.A bona fide Moog
Use the Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator with keys, guitar, bass, samples, or even recorded tracks, for effects ranging from subtle - to completely off-the-wall. The MF-102 serves up the pure analog mojo for which Moog is famous - and it's got the pedigree to prove it: this Moogerfooger was designed by the legendary Bob Moog, and is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers. Need we say more?Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator Features:
- Frequency control varies the carrier frequency over a six-octave range
- Rate control varies the LFO's frequency from 0.1 Hz to 25 Hz
- LFO Amount control adjusts the amount that the LFO output sweeps the carrier oscillator
- Mix control crossfades continuously from unmodulated to modulated audio
- Drive control adjusts the gain of the audio input
- Square/Sine rocker switch chooses the LFO waveform
- Lo/Hi rocker switch chooses between the frequency carrier range (2 Hz to 130 Hz) and high frequency
- Carrier range: 60 Hz to 4,000 Hz
- Level - a 3-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control
- LFO - an LED that indicates the LFO rate
- Bypass - a 2-color LED that tells whether the ring modulator is on or bypassed
- On/Bypass - a rugged, smooth-acting stomp-style actuation switch
- Included 110v power supply for use in US or Canada