Clean to Crunch to Lead Tones, This Pedal Does It All!
All you need is a guitar and the ME-25, and you're ready to sound like a pro. This compact multi-effect board is flat-out packed with the effects you'll want and need to write, cover, and jam on just about any song idea or style possible. The ME-25 is made by the stompbox gurus at BOSS, and those guys definitely know tone. It's like they wanted to put everything they've ever made into one, easy-to-use, super-portable, gig-friendly box. And the ME-25 is pretty much all of those things. In fact, on top of the included effects that cover the gamut from sick distortions to fat wahs, there's even a built-in looper, so you can stack sounds or build up massive one-man-band anthems with the BOSS ME-25.
If you've been playing electric guitar for a while and want to add stompbox-style effects to your rig, the ME-25 is a no-brainer. For the price of just a couple of stompboxes, you get a practical tone machine, filled with BOSS's best effect tones and even amp models. Long story short, you can launch your sound into whatever direction you imagine — like having a packed pedalboard and multiple amps behind you, very cool. Plus, you can customize the way you sound just by twisting the Drive, Tone, and Volume knobs on the ME-25. There's more, though.
Once you've found a sound or riff you love, the ME-25 is ready to record it. You have two options for that. First, you can use the built-in 38-second looper. You'll love having the ability to record your idea, then work on a second guitar part, lead, or solo over the top of it. If you've come up with a longer track that you want to capture, the ME-25 is also good to go. It features a USB connection and works as an audio recording interface. Just use your current favorite DAW. That's definite value, considering the ME-25 is also a computer-free fiend for your stage shows and jams. In fact, the ME-25 is more than just portable and computer free — you can power it with six AA batteries (or an AC adapter), so you don't have to be tethered to the wall when you don't want to be.
There are a few more features you'll want to know about. First, there's the free downloadable Librarian software. That means you can save your favorite presets to your computer, rather than only to the device, so if you come up with tons of them you can easily swap them out when you want, rather than have to delete them. Finally, the ME-25 features a built-in auxiliary input, so you're free to jam along with your music devices, say an iPod, a CD player, etc. Many guitarists love plugging the headphone jack of their laptop right into the ME-25 and taking a cruise through their iTunes library. It's easy, fun, and a really great way to get better.
BOSS ME-25 Multi-effects Guitar Pedal Features:
- Powerful COSM amp models onboard, from classic to contemporary
- Clean to heavy presets — 6 categories with 10 sound variations per category
- Friendly user interface optimized for first timers
- Sound library provides extensive collection of ready-to-use tones; simply choose a category and select a variation
- Sounds can be instantly edited with the Drive, Tone, and Level knobs and Expression pedal
- Super Stack button adds immensely heavy low end and punch
- Phrase Loop function with 38 seconds of recording time
- Functions as a USB audio interface
- Built-in auxiliary input for jamming along with external music devices (MP3/CD players, etc.)
- Runs on 6 AA batteries or AC adapter
- Free downloadable Librarian software
- Requires PSA-120S power supply, not included