This Low-noise Mic is Ready for Anything!
The Shure KSM44A is a go-to mic you can count on for great results in just about any project. It's a premium-grade large-diaphragm side-address condenser microphone that features some of Shure's coolest and most useful technology. The dual-diaphragm design lets you select among cardioid, omnidirectional, or figure-8 pickup patterns, so no matter what your recording environment calls for, the KSM44A is ready! An internal pop filter adds an important layer of protection to the KSM44A when you record vocals or need to contend with air movement. Shure's ultra-quiet Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology also keeps your recordings free of noise, and the KSM44A's transformerless output eliminates unwanted coloration. A switchable pad, a selectable highpass filter, and an extraordinarily wide frequency range all help to make the KSM44A one of Shure's most versatile microphones.
Shure KSM44A Large-diaphragm Side-address Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Features Shure's ultra-low-noise Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology
- 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131dB (total dynamic range of 127dB)
- Cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns for maximum flexibility
- Dual 1" externally biased ultra-thin 2.5-micron, 24-karat gold-layered low-mass diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Class A discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency
- Extremely wide frequency response (20Hz-20kHz), with no crossover distortion
- Minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortions
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17Hz
- Switchable 15dB pad for handling extremely high sound-pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position, switchable low-frequency filter (-6dB/octave below 115Hz, or -18dB/octave below 80Hz) helps to reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or to counteract proximity effect
- Integrated 3-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
- Includes ShureLock suspension shockmount, ShureLock stand mount, carrying case, and velveteen pouch
- Net weight: 17.4 oz.
- Requires +48V phantom power