You Can Coax Infinite Tones From This Amp!
Take the stage with Blackstar's versatile HT Club 40 and you'll have all the tones you need. Coax sparkling chime and lucid lows from the HT Club 40's boutique-style clean channel. Kick in the overdrive channel and dial in everything from American-sounding to British-sounding high-gain tones, thanks to Blackstar's patent-pending Infinite Shape Feature (ISF). Besides that, four operating modes give you access to a complete range of vintage and modern voicings. Two different textures of reverb add depth to your sound, while a speaker-emulated output makes it easy to record direct. And the HT Club 40's wattage is perfect for the player who wants to take full advantage of its EL84-fired power.
Infinite Shape Feature dials your drive from American to British tone
The Blackstar HT Club 40 is packed with a massive spread of tube tone, by virtue of Blackstar's Infinite Shape Feature (ISF). This exclusive feature shifts the EQ curves of the amplifier's Bass, Middle, and Treble controls. When turned fully counterclockwise, you'll lend an American characteristic to your voice with a tight bottom end and aggressive middle. Turned all the way to the right, you'll enjoy more of a British vibe, with a woodier sound that's less aggressive. Beyond that, four different operating modes can be accessed via a pair of Voice switches, unleashing both vintage and modern voicings for each channel. With the HT Club 40, you'll find an endless array of useful tones at your disposal.
Speaker-emulated output gives you the freedom to rock out without a cabinet
With outputs for 8-ohm and 16-ohm cabinets, what else could you ask from your Blackstar HT Club 40? How about a direct output for recording or running straight to a PA? That's just what you get from the HT Club 40's speaker-emulated output. Not only does this output give you the dimensional sound of a miked up cab, but it also loads your amp properly for silent practice.
Add dimension to your playing with digital reverb and an effects loop
The Blackstar HT Club 40 is packed with a solid-sounding digital reverb. Turn it fully counterclockwise, and the reverb is deactivated, leaving room for external effects. Turn it fully clockwise, and experience a lush ambience that adds dimension to your playing without washing it out. On top of that, a Dark/Bright switch provides two different reverb textures. Integrating the HT Club 40 with your pedalboard and other effects a piece of cake, thanks to its effects loop. At Sweetwater, we've found that the HT Club 40's Loop Level switch makes matching your amp to your other gear easy — +4dBV? -10dB? No problem.
You can find the Blackstar HT Club 40 in the rigs of:
- Steve Jones (The Sex Pistols)
- Katalina Gonzalez
- Ben Bridges (Imperial Leisure)
- Tom Martyniak (Dead on Time)
- Cesar Huesca
- Jimmy Parfitt (Fingertrap)
- Jon Ware (Reboot The Robot)
- Marco Pogo (Turbobier)
Blackstar HT Club 40 Features:
- 40-watt all-tube 1x12" guitar combo amplifier
- 12" Celestion speaker delivers classic punch, warmth, and midrange
- 2 footswitchable channels with 4 operating modes boast an impressive range of character
- Coax sparkling highs and lucid lows from the boutique-style clean channel
- Overdrive channel supplies enough gain for blues, classic rock, and hard rock
- Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) dials in everything from American to British high-gain tones
- Speaker-emulated output for recording or running straight to a PA
- Digital reverb with Dark/Bright switch gives you access to the reverb style you crave
- Effects loop with Loop Level switch makes integrating your pedalboard and other effects easy
- 2-way footswitch included