A Compact 4-track Recorder with a Ton of Features!
The Zoom H4 4-track recorder actually fits in the palm of your hand! It's perfect for just about any mobile recording application. The H4 is a multi-function device with a 4-track mode for easy-to-use multitrack work, a stereo mode (2-track) for handy field recording, and even a USB interface for computer recording. Built-in, high-quality X/Y pattern stereo microphones give you great sound reproduction and an accurate stereo picture, while features such as phantom-powered XLR inputs, onboard effects, and flexible recording options make the H4 a very powerful, very compact recorder.Zoom H4 Handy Recorder at a Glance:
- Built-in mics, XLR and hi-Z inputs, plus effects
- Records in 16- or 24-bit PCM and MP3 formats
- USB recording interface capability
- Easy to use, long battery life
Built-in mics, XLR and hi-Z inputs, plus effects
The H4 features dual electret condenser mics built in plus two XLR/1/4" combination jacks with 48-volt phantom power. A hi-Z input handles guitars and basses. The H4 is loaded with recording effects (compressor, limiter, and mic modeler for stereo mode) and guitar effects drawn from the Zoom G2.
Records in 16- or 24-bit PCM and MP3 formats
The H4 is designed with a maximum of flexibility in recording formats. It handles 16-bit/44.1kHz PCM, 24-bit PCM, and MP3 from 48kbps-320kbps. A 128MB Secure Digital card is included. With an optional 2GB SD memory card, the H4 provides up to 380 minutes of recording in 16-bit mode (CD quality) and 34 hours in MP3 stereo mode.
It's a USB audio interface
The H4 also will function as a direct audio interface for your computer. Connect the supplied USB cable and record directly to your DAW. And the H4 comes bundled with Cubase LE from Steinberg so you can start to produce and edit music straight away. Thanks to the direct hardware monitoring function, there is no latency problem, you can hear what you're recording as you're playing it
Easy to use, long battery life
The H4 offers a backlit 128 x 64 LCD display for visual feedback of the recording process. Using just two AA batteries, the H4 can provide up to four hours of continuous recording. A windshield cover and a tripod mount adapter are included.
- Dual-function 4-track and stereo recording modes
- Two built-in electret condenser microphones
- Dual XLR/combination inputs with phantom power
- High-impedance input for guitar, bass and synth
- Guitar effects equivalent to Zoom G2
- DSP with compressor, limiter and mic modeling
- Bundled with Cubase LE
- Includes USB audio and mass-storage interfaces.
- Records on SD media cards (up to 2GB), 512MB card included