The Easiest Way to Record Your Ideas!
You're looking at the Zoom H2 — without question, our hottest, best-selling portable recorder. Let us tell you why. You want three things from a portable recorder and the H2 has them all: speed, sound, and flexibility. We'll dive into all that later, but here's what it comes down to. When you've got the Zoom H2 with you, you're ready to instantly record anything, anywhere, and at awesome sound quality. This is the easiest way to capture band practice, your next great song idea, a podcast, an interview... name it. Everyone needs an H2.
Okay, so first up — speed. Just hit record twice and you're instantly capturing audio straight to a reusable SD card. There are no long menus for you to wade through — turn it on, press record twice, and you're rolling. That's fast. After you've finished your recording session, plug the Zoom H2 into your computer and the tracks are right there to drag and drop to your desktop. And because you can record up to awesome 24-bit/96kHz WAV quality, your H2 recordings are perfect for loading into your professional DAW sessions. Of course, you've got your choice to record to MP3 when you want share-friendly files. That way, you can e-mail your bandmates a copy of your last jam, just a couple minutes after practice.
Next on the list is sound. Like we said before, the H2 is no slouch here — this portable (and affordable) recorder can handle up to 24-bit/96kHz WAV files, better quality than your favorite CDs. Here's what sets this one apart, though. There are four microphones inside the H2 for up to 360-degree recording — put it in the middle of the room at band practice and we're talking a demo-ready track. You can also adjust the pickup patterns of the microphones, so you're recording in tight stereo just from the front (great for picking up acoustic guitar), wider stereo just from the front (a good pick for capturing a band or choir from the front of the stage), or the same two options from the rear microphones. That leads to major recording versatility — which is just what we're about to talk about.
Thanks to those four microphones and the flexibility in pickup patterns, the H2 is ready to capture anything you want. Record a voice up close, record a choir from a bit further away, record an entire orchestra while you're standing in the middle of it — this gadget can capture your world. And the Zoom H2's included accessories only add to its flexibility. With it, you get an AC adapter so you're free to record for hours and hours without tapping the AA battery life. You also get a handy screw-on desktop stand, for "set-it-and-forget-it" recordings... great for interviews, also handy for acoustic guitarists. The included mic clip adapter screws right in, so you can slide the H2 into a mic clip on any stage or in any studio. Last but not least, you get earbuds for listening to your tracks, a stereo Y cable for easy connection to your gear, a windscreen for your outdoor recording excursions, and a 1GB SD card.Zoom H2 Portable Recorder Features:
- Portable handheld recorder with four microphone capsules
- Can record in flexible polar patterns: Front 120 Degrees Cardioid, Front 90 Degrees Supercardioid, Rear 120 Degrees Cardioid, Rear 90 Degrees Supercardioid, 360 Degrees
- 120db SPL Handling
- Frequency response of 70Hz to 20kHz (with a boost around 6kHz)
- External Mic In can connect general plug-in-power stereo mic
- Built-in USB 2.0 interface
- Records in WAV 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit, MP3 to 320kbps and Variable Bit Rate (VBR) data formats
- Time Stamp and Track Marker functions in Broadcast WAV Format (BWF)
- Time stamp function
- 1GB SD memory card included
- Accommodates up to 4GB SDHC memory cards
- Auto Gain Control (AGC) for pristine recordings
- Auto Start function means you're always ready to record
- Low-cut filter eliminates wind noise
- Onboard chromatic Guitar/Bass tuner
- Has five-sound metronome with pre-count, adjustable from 40-250 BPM
- Dimensions: 2.5" wide x 4.33" high x 1.26" deep
- Included Accessories: AC adapter, USB cable, 1GB SD card, desktop stand, mic clip adapter, earbuds, windscreen, stereo Y cable