Paul Reed Smith in a Plug-in!
NOTE: This product requires iLok authorization. For more information, call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer at 1-800-222-4700.
Paul Reed Smith is an acknowledged master of guitar making. Waves is a renowned leader in the world of DAW plug-ins and hardware processors. Now the two have collaborated on a software/hardware product that gives session guitarists, engineers, and producers a new way to achieve killer tones without needing a roomful of amplifiers, cabinets, and stomp boxes. The new Waves GTR (that's Guitar Tool Rack) offers an impedance-matching interface - an essential factor in capturing great signal - plus an extensive amp/cabinet modeling plug-in, followed up by a set of virtual stomp box effects, all in a single package!Waves GTR Guitar Tool Rack at a Glance:
- Premium guitar tone personally supervised by Paul Reed Smith
- Waves Amp plug-in with seven modeled amps and multiple cabinets
- Waves Stomp plug-in with 23 classic and modern effects
- Ideal signal path to your DAW with unique Waves/PRS Guitar Interface
Premium guitar tone personally supervised by Paul Reed Smith
Designed in association with Paul Reed Smith Guitars, the new Waves GTR (Guitar Tool Rack) system's aim is to give engineers, producers, and session guitarists a new choice when it's time to record guitars. To perfect the sound and features of the Waves GTR system, Waves engineers worked with Paul Reed Smith, founder of PRS Guitars, and the PRS team for nearly two years. Smith shipped his hand-picked boutique and vintage amps to Waves headquarters in Tel Aviv and personally selected the tones during the sampling process.
Waves Amp plug-in with seven modeled amps and multiple cabinets
Waves GTR features Waves Amp, a plug-in developed using entirely new, proprietary methods to sample amplifiers, cabinets and microphone positions. Amp sounds are categorized by drive level - Direct, Clean, Edgy, Drive, Crunch, Hot and Modern - to provide a faster, more effective way to get the exact tone you want. Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence knobs provide interactive tone-shaping controls specifically tuned for each amp model. The Drive control is normalized, so Drive can be adjusted for tone without readjusting output gain. Several cabinets are also available, and two can be played at once. The pan controls allow for blending and/or panning in stereo, while phase switches for each cabinet provide more tonal options. Six emulated microphones are offered, and each can be placed on- or off-axis, even on one cabinet if you wish.
Waves Stomp plug-in with 23 classic and modern effects
The Waves Stomp software included in Waves GTR serves up 23 guitar effects controlled a virtual PedalBoard which allows stomps to be chosen and connected in any desired order with drag and drop ease. Stomps are mono, mono-to-stereo and stereo as appropriate and come in four flavors:
- Distortion: Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz, Buzz and Metal
- Modulation: Flanger, Vibrolo, Panner (based on Waves MondoMod effect), Phaser, Octaver, Wah Wah, Chorus, Doubler and Pitcher (auto harmony generator)
- Spatial: Delay, Reverb, Spring Reverb and Lay-D (reverse and pitch-shifted delay)
- Basic: Gate/Comp, Compressor, Gate, Tone and EQ
Most stomps can be synced to the host BPM. All Stomps have extensive MIDI control options, including continuous real time operation using a MIDI controller (for wah wah effects, for example).
Ideal signal path to your DAW with unique Waves/PRS Guitar Interface
Waves GTR solves a problem that every engineer has had to face. An electric guitar produces a high impedance signal with an extremely wide range of frequencies and dynamics, while recording systems rarely offer guitar-compatible inputs. This mismatch isn't addressed by most amp modeling software, and the result can be an irretrievable tone loss before the signal can even be processed. The Waves/PRS Guitar Interface retains full dynamics and fidelity while transforming the signal to a low impedance, balanced signal that connects directly to the analog-to-digital converter. An extremely transparent preamp circuit allows levels to be matched to differing pickups, from humbuckers to single coils. Outputs on the Guitar Interface are at microphone or line levels, and balanced or unbalanced on XLR and 1/4" TS jack respectively. A 3-LED indicator shows signal present, nominal level when lit occasionally (showing that the best balance between level and S/N ratio is being delivered) and over.
- 3-part integrated hardware/software virtual amp/cabinet and effects plug-ins
- Waves/PRS Guitar Interface, a hardware guitar impedance and level matching unit.
- Waves Amp plug-in with seven emulated amps at different drive levels from super clean to saturated distortion
- Multiple speaker cabinet models, two of which can be played at once
- Six emulated microphones with different placement options on one or two cabinets simultaneously
- Waves Stomp plug-in featuring 23 classic and new guitar effects
- Control with a virtual PedalBoard and in real time with a MIDI controller
- Waves Tuner, a plug-in that allows for alternate as well as standard guitar tunings.
- Native version for almost every software platform