A Fantastic Hollowbody Bass from Gretsch!
The Gretsch G5440LS electric bass guitar somehow manages to capture the vibe and feel of a vintage long-scale hollowbody bass, and at the same time, give you the massive range of tone that only a modern instrument can deliver. That's something that few guitar makers can do nearly as well as Gretsch. If you simply listen to your G5440LS unplugged and feel the way it's expressive maple laminate body vibrates, then you'll know exactly what we're talking about. Plug it in, and it gets even better. You see, the G5440LS bass comes loaded with an excellent pair of Black Top Filter'Tron humbuckers, which let you shape the big and boomy sound of this bass into the perfect tone for your music. Whether you play country, rockabilly, polka - you name it, there's nothing like a Gretsch G5440LS long-scale electric bass.
Gretsch G5440LS Long-scale Hollowbody Electric Bass Guitar at a Glance:
- 5-ply maple body provides your tone with excellent definition
- Black Top Filter'Tron Humbuckers bring out the woody warmth of your bass
- Long-scale neck delivers timeless feel and serious sustain
Maple has to be one of the most lively, bright, and colorful tonewoods out there, which is exactly why Gretsch decided to make their G5440LS long-scale hollowbody bass guitar almost entirely out of this wonderful wood. And although bright and vibrant may not be the kind of terms you'd usually associate with acoustic bass, the G5440LS's 5-ply laminate maple body and maple neck actually make perfect sense. You see, the size and shape of the G5440LS's acoustic-style body alone are just what you need for big, thumping, and booming bass sound, but all of that gets overwhelming really quickly. But thanks to the G5440LS's naturally bright and resonant maple body and neck, you get a perfectly balanced and extremely expressive acoustic bass sound instead.Black Top Filter'Tron Humbuckers bring out the woody warmth of your bass
A naturally warm and woody sound is just what you'd want out of an acoustic bass, but although the G5440LS long-scale hollowbody electric bass gives you the right kind of general sound, it's also way too quiet, without the aid of amplification. That's where the G5440LS's Black Top Filter'Tron humbuckers come in. Far from your typical bass guitar humbuckers, Gretsch's specially designed Black Top Filter'Tron dual-coil pickups to actually provide you with incredibly clarity that extends from an impressively rich open E up to the highest overtones. The result is a round and resonant sound that still provides you with plenty of attack and definition. The result is a well-rounded tone that delivers the character of and acoustic bass, plus the dynamic expression you'll only get from a truly special set of bass guitar pickups.Long-scale neck delivers timeless feel and serious sustain
If you want that big, boomy, and deeply resonant bass, then there's nothing like a long-scale hollowbody bass to nail down that soulful sound... and the Gretsch G5440LS long-scale hollowbody electric bass delivers! From the solid feel of its maple neck to the wonderfully alive response of its body as it vibrates freely with every note you play, the first G5440LS you get your hands on is sure to win you over. And next to picking up a full-sized double bass and learning a whole new way to play, you'll be hard-pressed to find a bass as rich, resonant, and organic-sounding as the Gretsch G5440LS.Gretsch G5440LS Long-scale Hollowbody Electric Bass Guitar Features:
- The perfect way to get the wide-open and rich acoustic bass sound you crave, without learning a whole new way to play
- Single-cutaway, 5-ply laminate maple body adds top-end definition to the naturally round and resonant sound of an acoustic-style bass
- Unique Gretsch Black Top Filter'Tron bass pickups provide you with full and perfectly balanced bass sound
- Sound-post bracing ensures full sustain and excellent resonance
- Bound rosewood fingerboard on a smooth 34"-scale maple neck provides full-sized feel and tons of life to your sound
- Hump-block pearloid inlays, bound F holes, and classic G arrow control knobs all add touches of traditional Gretsch quality craftsmanship
- Rosewood-based four-saddle Adjusto-Matic bridge and G-cutout tailpiece provide you with the stability you need