Tighten Up Your Performance!
If you've ever put an elastic hair tie around the neck of your instrument, you're already familiar with Gruv Gear FretWraps. This adjustable band uses a soft cloth to effectively (and professionally) kill unwanted overtones and open-string resonance. This works wonders for a variety of applications: thumb bass, two-hand tapping, percussive acoustic playing, slide guitar, and more. FretWraps slide down to your headstock when you don't need damping and back up to virtually any neck position between chord changes. Whether you're a classical guitarists who wants a more professional recorded tone or a bassist who wants freedom to explore the fretboard without the open-string mud, Sweetwater recommends Gruv Gear FretWraps.
Gruv Gear FretWraps Stringed Instrument Damper Features:
- Medium size: fits 5-string basses and 6-string classical acoustic guitars
- Cuts down on unwanted overtones and sympathetic resonance
- Tightens up your performance
- Great for 2-hand tapping and slide work
- Adjustable tension lets you fine-tune damping
- Easy to slide on and off between sections
- Soft material won't hurt your neck or fretboard